Pay-As-You-Go Roaming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Pay-As-You-Go Roaming

I know I can make and receive calls in the US with my Pay-Go plan.

Are there any other countries that I can make and receive calls in or is Pay-Go limited to North America only?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Pay-As-You-Go Roaming

I am pretty sure That you can only use a pay as you go in North America.... If your going out of North America for a period of time you may want to activate a pay as you go in that country... 

****Updated Solution****

Your pay as you go phone can be used Internationally as well as in North America. Please take a look at the travel packs availablefor your pay as you go plan

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons

I Plan to Stick Around

Roaming in Oz

I thought that my Pay As You Go plan only enabled me to roam in the US, but when I arrived in Sydney Australia, I was surprised when my phone chimed with a text "Rogers welcomes you abroad! You are now roaming; roaming rates are $3.50/min...."

Actually I can't confirm that I could actually make or take a call as I wasn't going to find out at that rediculous rate.

Instead I got a $30 Telstra Simplicity pre-paid card at the airport providing me with $30 of talk time. Rates were 15 cents/min within Oz, to Canada, to the US and Germany. Italy was 89 cents/min. Incoming calls and text messages were free. Simply amazing rates.

I Plan to Stick Around

I missed that ****Updated Solution**** from a couple of posts up. Thanks!

Good to know. It would be nice if that info would come in a table form instead of having to click on individual countries.

Rates are really high, but in an emergency, it is good to know I can roam where ever the service exists.

I Plan to Stick Around

Stay away from the roaming packages.  Rip off city

I'm in Europe a couple of times a year.  Sent texts are 75 cents with free incoming.

WiFi is everywhere and free.  It's either unlocked or you get an acess code on your receipt (thank you Costa Coffee) that is good for a specified time period.

If you really want to chat, like said up thread, buy a local phone and use it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well if you are in Europe often, get an Aldi Talk card if you are in Germany.

I have one and the rates are simply amazing aka non-Canadian.

I'll top up with a mere 20 Euro (not even $30) card the day before I leave and I am good for a whopping...get this...2 years till my card and money expires.

Free incoming calls and free incoming texts and all this with ultra low outgoing calls and texts.

What a concept!

I've Been Around

pay as you go phone roaming in US

Hi,

I have a rogers pay as you go phone, and I intend to bring it to the US for a week. Can I make call with it from within US ? Is the roaming automatic once I am in the US, or do I need to do something to activate it ?   The romaing fee is $2.00/min shown on http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons, doesn it include the normal fee $0.5/min if I use it in the States ?

THANKS

I've Been Around

Can I add a travel pack to my pay as you go device?

Good evening @Dan_7,

Thank you for your post!

The regular travale packs are not available to our Prepaid customers.

Wireless Internet use while you are roaming, i.e. in another country and off the Rogers network, will be charged at regular roaming rates.

You can always visit this page, and click on the Roaming tab.

Then, select your destination, in the drop down menu, to see what the current rates are.

Sans titre.png

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on the Pay As You Go plan. I'm wondering if I can make a call or text while I'm roaming to China? Thanks.
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats