Pay-As-You-Go Data Plan Not recognized

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay-As-You-Go Data Plan Not recognized

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice in regards to this issue:

I'm currently subscribed in a $10 data plan (100MB a month) for Pay-as-you-go, it was working fine until yesterday. The issue is that I keep getting a message that I need a valid data plan to use my mobile internet, so using any apps that requires the internet doesn't work. I checked my data consumption and I only used up 20mb of 100mb.

I've been trying to get ahold of their customer service, but whenever I try to call their support number and select option 1 for pay-as-you-go, it doesn't seem like there's any option to actually talk to a person. Their live chat doesn't seem to be of much help as well, as they only told me that it's a billing issue and I should call the number. If anyone can please give me their support number where I can actually talk to a person and describe my issue that will be great.

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Pay-As-You-Go Data Plan Not recognized

Im also experiencing this problem with Pay-as-you-go, was working fine till June 16th, then it suddenly asked for a valid data add-on.

On the MyRogers account info it says the add-on is there and payment was successful.

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here from Thursday the 14th.

I've Been Around

Same here. Not sure the exact date it started but has been around a week.

I've Been Around

Same here since last week. The phone rep. said it must be a technical issue with the iPhone. I put the SIM card in a friend's iPhone, same problem. In order to see if it's an iOS issue I signed-up for the $1/10MB/24h plan. That worked without a problem. So clearly Rogers somehow deactivated this plan even though it still shows up in my account.

Getting through to them by phone is extremely difficult and sometimes impossible and there's no support via chat, email or Twitter for pay as you go members.

I'm Here A Lot

same issue, says I need a valid data pass yet I put $30 on my plan to keep it going June 10th, then this past weekend, this error message comes cup about the data pass. Then I tried that pay as you go toll free number and was sent to the answering machine options with no real person to talk to about this. I didn't get anywhere with this. please help. 

I'm Here A Lot

this is how mine was too, said it was successfully added but yet it's not even working.

I've Been Around

Same problem here. I called 611 from my phone and after going through an automated menu, it finally connected me to a human. She said that this had been a problem in the last few days, and instructed me to remove the battery from my phone, and if that doesn't work, to call back from another phone (although she didn't give me a number to call). Since I have an iPhone 3G removing the battery is a hassle, so I haven't done this yet. A reset did nothing. I would be interested to hear if anyone has found a resolution, or if the battery removal actually does work...

I've Been Here Awhile

Ive tried the battery removal and sim card removal suggestion, and it did nothing.

Ive even went to a rogers store and all they did was sent me in circles with the Pay as you go self service.

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kelly
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the head's up - we haven't had reports of any issues on our end until now so we'll be investigating further. In the meantime, it's best to get in touch with a PAYGO rep who can better assist you. They can be reached at 1-800-575-9090. Let us know if the problem persists.

@Rogers_Kelly