cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go $65 plan

tenzy1
I've been here awhile

I am new to Canada and just yesterday got my new pay as you go account set up with $65 plan. 

when I checked the balance in the evening it shows only ~ $12.42. Is it normal? I tried speaking to the customer care and he said it is fine. Is the balance low because they have deducted for all services like text messages and 1gb internet they mentioned in the plan? How much balnace should it be showing up for making calls?

Please help. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pay As You Go $65 plan

RogersMaude

Good day @tenzy1,

Thank you for your post and Welcome on the Rogers Community Forums!

I can definitely help you shed some light on this situation.

It is normal that your balance does not reflect the amount you recently added to your prepaid account if the cost of your monthly plan has since then been deducted from it

You topped up a certain amount and then, the cost of your plan as well as the applicable taxes and 9-11 fee, that will cover your usage for a month, was deducted from your balance.

The amount remaining will be available for any additional usage (long distance etc).

Let us know if you need further assistance Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersMaude

Good day @tenzy1,

Thank you for your post and Welcome on the Rogers Community Forums!

I can definitely help you shed some light on this situation.

It is normal that your balance does not reflect the amount you recently added to your prepaid account if the cost of your monthly plan has since then been deducted from it

You topped up a certain amount and then, the cost of your plan as well as the applicable taxes and 9-11 fee, that will cover your usage for a month, was deducted from your balance.

The amount remaining will be available for any additional usage (long distance etc).

Let us know if you need further assistance Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

tenzy1
I've been here awhile
Click here for details

Woah !  This was helpful. I tried understanding it earlier from others but in vain. Your reply made perfect sense. Thanks. Smiley Happy

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@tenzy1, I got caught out on that sort of thing as well. I use the basic $100/year plan, which takes the call and text charges from the $100 balance. When my balance was low, I thought I'd renew using one of the $100 promotional plans, the one with free unlimited texting. Turns out it would not have added $100 to my balance at all, just rolled over the small amount I had, so I just renewed with my basic plan again. Free stuff really isn't free. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Talk, Text & Internet 65 "by the month" Plan

Need to know how each "month" is calculated on the "by the month" plan.  If I top up and re-activate a Pay as you Go SIM on the Talk, Text & Internet 65 "by the month" plan on August 20th, will the 1G expire at the end of August and I will be charged a full month on September?  or will the 1G data good between August 20th and September 19th ?

Good evening @MicrostormHK,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your inquiry.

That's a great question. I hope you were able to successfully activate the $65 Talk, Text and Internet Price Plan. Typically since the monthly recurring charge is deducted from your account on the day of the month the price plan became active, the data cycle would be the same as well. It'll still be best if you called in to confirm. You can reach our Pay As You Go team at 1-855-654-2244.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought PAYGo contact info was as outlined in the following post?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-as-you-go-Data-add-on-not-processed/m-p/42689...

Previous post was 3 weeks ago. I assume it's probably solved by now?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@57 wrote:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-as-you-go-Data-add-on-not-processed/m-p/42689...

Is that a touch of sarcasm I detect ? Smiley LOL

I tried that number  ...and while it seemed  like  the way to go listening to the short menu  , it ended up by saying, sorry we can not complete your call because you do not have an account balance .  Come on guys ...the menu is a HUGE improvement over the 9090 menu  as far as getting to a CSR .. but if you get no answer how is that good .     . Smiley Sad 

As for the three week time frame mentioned  .... I agree .   Rogers Cilio  apparently read the  post for comprehension  three weeks ago ,  why wasn't it answered then ? I realize you  want participation here  by non employees but 98% of the questions here are from participants who  will not return after resolution of their issue so why not answer it promptly when it is a question of a technical nature ?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@57 wrote:

Is that a touch of sarcasm I detect ? Smiley LOL

I tried that number  ...and while it seemed  like  the way to go listening to the short menu  , it ended up by saying, sorry we can not complete your call because you do not have an account balance .  Come on guys ...the menu is a HUGE improvement over the 9090 menu  as far as getting to a CSR .. but if you get no answer how is that good .     . Smiley Sad

I only need to call the PayGo number once a year, and then only if I have a substantial balance I can use to renew. I'll be doing that in September, so we'll see. I never had trouble navigating through the menu.  And when I did, I did what I used to do before, hit "0" repeatedly until I got a human to connect me to the PayGo CSR.

You should note, however, that PayGo help is not available 24/7.

Their hours of operations are the following:

Monday – Friday: 8am – 12am

Saturday: 8am – 9pm

Sunday: 10am – 8pm

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I only need to call the PayGo number once a year, and then only if I have a substantial balance I can use to renew. I'll be doing that in September, so we'll see. I never had trouble navigating through the menu.  And when I did, I did what I used to do before, hit "0" repeatedly until I got a human to connect me to the PayGo CSR.

You should note, however, that PayGo help is not available 24/7.

Their hours of operations are the following:

Monday – Friday: 8am – 12am

Saturday: 8am – 9pm

Sunday: 10am – 8pm

I tried the number quoted above  again 2 minutes ago  ... no answer for a paygo question .   My point is... that for the person asking for assistance above ...the number they were given by Rogers staff  quite possibly will not work . Smiley Frustrated

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 in conversation