cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYGO Suspicious Charges

bg47
I plan to stick around

I have been out of the country for 4 months and just returned. While away I had a local land line so my PAYGO phone was switched off but the sim still installed. On the 18 January 2023 I decided to get a Barbados FLOW sim and install it in my PAYGO phone. I removed the Rogers sim and put it in my safe until my return to Canada. From then until the 13 March I used the FLOW sim while away. On my return this week I reinstalled my Roger sim and got an immediate message from Apple asking if I wanted to change my phone number back to my Canadian one, which I did on 14 March 2023. I called Rogers to check my balance and asked for the transactions record. The electronic voice then proceeded to tell my I had numerous sim charges and two 911 call charges during my time away. How is this possible when the sim is not installed and was in my safe!!!. There had to be at least fifty 70 cent messages.  Has anyone else experienced this robbery!!!? I plan to visit my local Rogers store tomorrow to have them explain this to me. Extremely annoying not to mention suspicious.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PAYGO Suspicious Charges

bg47
I plan to stick around

Hello 57.  Just found the correct phone and options to select in one of your links. Thank you so much for this help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bg47 : Please be advised that the only people who can help you with PAYGo are the pre-paid phone CSRs who can be contacted using the following telephone phone method:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-as-you-go-improper-data-charges/m-p/440166/h...

It is highly unlikely that anyone else can assist since PAYGo is treated almost like a separate company with specialized CSRs.

It may be possible to view the transaction record using the following workaround:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Why-does-rogers-hate-pay-as-you-go/m-p/500973/hi...

The fact that your SIM was out of the phone doesn't mean that people didn't text or call or leave voice messages that "stacked up" on Rogers servers while away.   Also be aware that texts and VMs are only kept on Rogers servers for a few days and are subsequently deleted if your phone is not "on" to receive them.  911, they will have to explain since I don't have an explanation for that.

bg47
I plan to stick around

Hello 57.  Just found the correct phone and options to select in one of your links. Thank you so much for this help.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation