PAYGO Rate Increase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

PAYGO Rate Increase

We were grandfathered on a "By the Minute - All Day" plan.  Starting 2020/10/14, the rates increased.

Old rates  1st 5 minutes/day 0.35/minute, after that 0.15/minute, SMS 0.30/message

New rates  all calls 0.60/minute, SMS 0.60/message

That's an increase of 70%+ on the first 5 minutes, 300% on the other minutes, and 100% on SMS.

That's outrageous!

Anyone else seen this?

**Added Labels**

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: PAYGO Rate Increase

Yes, been aware of this since the announcement. They obviously do not want us on the plan, but it is still useful for my situation maybe until the end of COVID-19. Have to consider a full plan at that time, maybe with another carrier.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got that notice via text to my phone on August 25.  I use my phone only for emergencies and suspend payments for a year (by paying $100 from my balance) whenever I have close to $200 in my account. I've done that 5 or 6 times.  This means that over the 11+ years that I've had PAYGo, I've averaged about $5/month.   Well worth it for me.  I've thought about switching to one of the new talk/text plans and using it more, but I really don't need to, so I'll probably stay with my grandfathered "Anytime" plan for a while yet.

I have my voicemail switched off and don't answer any calls from anyone not in my contacts list.  I realize this won't work for most people, but it does for me.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the responses. At least we know we are not alone.

We don't use text messaging, so we received ZERO notice of this increase.
Since it is in our Rogers file that we don't use text messaging, and
since Rogers has our e-mail address, you would think they could have
e-mailed us.

We have used the $100.00 rollover many times, but at these rates, I
doubt we will ever get a high enough balance to do that again.