Not much choice of PAYGO Phones under Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Not much choice of PAYGO Phones under Rogers

Hi,

My father is looking to upgrade his current old LG flip phone (10 yrs old+) to a newer device.

When I look online at Rogers selection of phones for Pay As You Go, there's only a LG model R4NR.

I would like to get him a smartphone with a large screen preferrably iPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

Am I to assume he would need to purchase this kind of phone unlocked outside of Rogers to use on PAY AS YOU GO?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Not much choice of PAYGO Phones under Rogers

Yes. As long as the phone is either unlocked, or locked to ROGERS, you can purchase/obtain a prepaid SIM card, put it into the phone, and it will work on a prepaid account.

I'm Here A Lot

Ok thanks.

Sorry so will they transfer the number and account balance to the new prepaid SIM card?

I think he has one of those $100 prepaid plans currently.

I'm a Senior Advisor

If the SIM card from the old phone dosn't fit the new one, Rogers will give you a new one. Yes, your number stays with your account. Make sure you transfer your contacts to your SIM card first, or they will stay with the old phone. You will have to go to a Rogers store for the new SIM card because the on-line service isn't available for PayGo accounts.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario