New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

barndoor wrote:

No where can I find in any discussions  where Rogers notified users with a general notification  that they could roll balance over to pay for another year of system access .   

Just as an FYI, Using $100 of your balance was discussed over on Digital Home's website (Rogers PAYGo thread) around 2013. I received an e-mail on the topic then and have used that feature three times since then.  I can't link that thread right now, but it should be easy to find.  You're right that not many people are aware of the "feature".

I'm Here A Lot

I have a substantial balance on my pay go service.  I contacted the media and was immediately put in touch with the president's office.  A rep there promised to refund the balance above $150 and extended the expiry date.  Contact the media or escalate the situation to the president's office.  They should help anyone who will lose a balance at the end of 2018.  Please pass this info on to everyone.  OLDYELLR are you there?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@strawberry1 If Rogers will refund your excessive balance, then they should do it for everyone who asks. After all, it's not the customer's fault such a balance builds up when Rogers never made it very clear how to deal with it, such as drawing from it to renew.  Some of us knew, but not everyone. It's very clear how to renew or top up on line, but you can only do it by credit card, not from your balance, even if you have hundreds of dollars accumulated.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

strawberry1 wrote:

I have a substantial balance on my pay go service.  I contacted the media and was immediately put in touch with the president's office.  A rep there promised to refund the balance above $150 and extended the expiry date. 

Congratulations ...  good deal  !! 

I hope you had them send you a written confirmation  of doing that for you .  11 1/2 months is a long time .  Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Contributor

57 wrote:

Just as an FYI, Using $100 of your balance was discussed over on Digital Home's website (Rogers PAYGo thread) around 2013. I received an e-mail on the topic then and have used that feature three times since then.  I can't link that thread right now, but it should be easy to find.  You're right that not many people are aware of the "feature".

Any discussion on another website is irrelevant to this situation   IMO .   Did Rogers send you the Email as notification or was it a response to a query that you initiated ? 

I see @OLDYELLR  says he received a letter from Rogers informing him  ...so I guess  he was notified properly .  

Maybe the rest of us were to ....in my case maybe it got lost amongst the other Rogers marketing propaganda that  just goes directly into the wood stove .  Smiley Wink 

I Plan to Stick Around

To say Rogers should have charged more for their pay as you go gives away age and also indicates financial obligations don't exist.

Some of us have reached ten to thirty years past retirement and with the rising cost of everything other than pensions it becomes more difficult to live. So every dollar saved is a dollar earned. 

Our phone is used for emergencies only and of course we hope we never have to use it and yes the carry over does increase. That is no reason why Rogers should be able to pocket the money.

So I guess Rogers gets my carry over amount, but I will not be using any of their other services. 

Ota antenna for my television viewing(20 bucks one time) will get me up to fifteen channels and a cb radio(100 bucks one time) and I'm set for years. 

If more people protested in a certain way these big companies wouldn't be running your lives and wouldn't have their hand in your pocket daily. JMO

I'm Here A Lot

I'm on a limited income too.  Please contact the president's office at Rogers.  Start with the ordinary contact number.  Tell them you want a refund.  They will say no.  Ask to speak to a supervisor.  This person will say no, too.  Ask them to escalate your concern to management.  They must report it.  Management will help you.  Alternatively, you can contact management directly by mail: 

Attn: Office of the President
333 Bloor St. E
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9

on line: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

In all, it might take a couple of weeks and lots of your time....but don't give up. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote:

Did Rogers send you the Email as notification or was it a response to a query that you initiated ?

Rogers sent it to me.  I had been with Rogers for about 4 years at the time and probably had a balance around $300.

I've Been Here Awhile

Here in the response i got from CRTC:

In this case, if you are unable to resolve your issue with Rogers, and since your provider seems to be in violation of your contract, you may contact the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent organization dedicated to working with you and your service provider to resolve complaints relating to your services in a competitive environment. You may submit your complaint directly at https://ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

You may also contact them using the following methods:
• Online: http://www.ccts-cprst.ca
• By email: response@ccts-cprst.ca
• By telephone: Call, toll free, 1-888-221-1687
• By toll-free TTY: 1-877-782-2384
• By fax: 1-877-782-2924
• By mail: CCTS, P.O. Box 56067 - Minto Place RO, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7Z1
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think this response from the CRTC which directs you to work first with the provider and then go to CCTC, along with @strawberry1 's solution of how to work through the escalation process is the solution for dealing with this mess. once and for all - and yes, if the rebate of the amounts can be made to one customer, although this may not be the solution for all, it should be one of a range of fair responses available, but I suspect it will take a manager or Office of the President to get your own fair solution to this one.  Congrats to the two of you on your persistence to get your own individualized fair response or clarity on direction.

The escalation process is a pain and time consuming, but in general, it works.

Bruce

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats