New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

I learned about the $150 maximum balance going into 2019 from reading this forum over the past few months. I only received the Rogers text about it the other day.  Of course, people who have their phones on 24/7 and charge them every day would never miss a text. But I only need it maybe 2 or 3 times a week and leave it off the rest of the time, so only charge it maybe once every week or two.  If I left mine on 24/7 I'd either have to keep it plugged in, or remember to charge it often so it wouldn't be dead when I need it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Unusual_Glark wrote:

Hello, I have a pay as you go $10 a month plan. I already have $155 dollars and can't add another $100 for the year  like I usually do. Got an email saying I could exchange my balance for the plan for this year. I called and the guy on the phone said they could do that and extend the expiry date for a year. Though the date hasn't changed at all.  Had to get a $10 pay as you go so my $155 dollar balance doesn't expire. What do I do now? How long does this take to be able to use the balance I already have?

Did you want the $10 a month plan  ?  If you did that's great  ... but if they automatically changed you  when you were paying the $100 per year fee   then it is their bad  and they should switch you back to the anytime plan if you call about it .  Smiley Wink

As well :  they should not take balance if you are on the ten dollar a month plan ....they should extend the expiry at no charge or there should be no expiry on whatever balance you are carrying  because as long as there is sufficient balance in your account to cover the $10 monthly fee at renewal time , that  should be all that matters to Rogers.... good luck Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

"Yes, if you keep your phone off, you won't or shouldn't be charged for the spam SMS messages but then you won't receive the free Rogers SMS messages regarding changes either."

I keep my phone on standby so I should see all messages about my service - yet have never seen an SMS about annual topup from my balance. The operator offered to do this when I phoned. If I had topped up online I would never have known!

But why on earth can't Rogers send notifications by email - as they do for my cable tv account?  Not providing an option for my choice of notification is so last century.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pdqweb wrote:

...have never seen an SMS about annual topup from my balance...

Clarification:  A few of us got an e-mail on that topic way back in 2012 and I believe it was only people who had high balances at that time.  The e-mail stated that the offer was only valid until December 31, 2012.

In November 2013, I received a text (not e-mail) stating they would extend that offer into 2014, however, there was mention in the text regarding Auto-Top-Ups, so it may not have applied to people who were not on Auto-Top-UP - not sure, just conjecture on my part. Rogers keep extending the option ($100 for a year and recently $50 for 6 months) to grandfathered Anytime clients.  There have been no notices that I've been aware on that topic since 2013, either by e-mail or by text.

The only way people learned of that particular option since 2013 is via this and other forums.

In addition, those people on Auto-Top-Up received an additional 10% credit from around 2014 to November 2017.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@pdqweb wrote:

But why on earth can't Rogers send notifications by email - as they do for my cable tv account?  Not providing an option for my choice of notification is so last century.

We received notice of the $50 for six months  renewal using account balance  about 6 months ago  by email .We have also been informed of a couple other really excellent deals .... they were just pointless  for us .   I think they can inform us  IF they want to . Smiley Wink

@pdqweb I think you just need to make it financially rewarding for them to notify you and it will likely happen .Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

In Nov. I phoned and had my old PayGo plan restored. Even now it's worth a try. (I posted elsewhere they will also allow all balanced to carry-over Dec.31 - for now there's no maximum.
=
I'm a Senior Advisor

At the end if 2018 my balance was $150.83.  Today, January 2, it's still $150.83. I never received an email or text saying my excess balance would be carried over. Just curious to know if anyone else got their excess balance carried over or confiscated.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

What do you make of the text sent on December 18?
This message is to let you know that you can continue to have a balance that exceeds $150. We have extended the time that you have to use your balance above $150 in order to continue to help you reduce your balance in a way that works for you. We'll keep you informed of any future changes.

Any ideas? Any further communications that I might have missed????
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the situation with my phone settled awhile ago. Even went back to my original plan and everything and able to use my balance to pay for the year. It's all good.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fiona59 wrote:
What do you make of the text sent on December 18?
This message is to let you know that you can continue to have a balance that exceeds $150. We have extended the time that you have to use your balance above $150 in order to continue to help you reduce your balance in a way that works for you. We'll keep you informed of any future changes.
Any ideas? Any further communications that I might have missed????

What do you want to make of it?  It was discussed since that time.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/New-Pay-As-You-Go-Maximum-Balance/m-p/436810#M29...

I haven't seen anything since, but it's only been a month so I didn't expect anything.  They did say they would keep us informed...  You might not hear anything more until the end of 2019...  Are you currently carrying a balance over $150?