New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

If there was no monetary incentive for Rogers, they wouldn't be doing it.  It's that simple.  Why would they do that to their customers, creating all that ill will, unless they made money by doing it?  I was born at night, but not last night!

I've Been Here Awhile

The problem is that people are so used to Telcos doing this sort of thing "from time to time" as you aptly put it, that they tend to shrug it off, and the Telcos know that. Can you imagine a retail business treating a customer like that? I don't think so. Can you imagine having , say, a gift card balance and the retailer decided that they would only honour it up to $150, even though the balance was $300? I actually think there is a law against that in Canada, if my memory serves me right. That's exactly what Rogers is doing to my wife. Of course they do that "from time to time" don't they?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Gift cards actually did have expiry dates, which upset a lot of people who mislaid them or forgot to use them in the allowed time. That's when companies were forced to do away with expiry dates. Unfortunately, prepaid phone users are a small minority with no voice. Smiley Sad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I have a pay as you go $10 a month plan. I already have $155 dollars and can't add another $100 for the year  like I usually do. Got an email saying I could exchange my balance for the plan for this year. I called and the guy on the phone said they could do that and extend the expiry date for a year. Though the date hasn't changed at all.  Had to get a $10 pay as you go so my $155 dollar balance doesn't expire. What do I do now? How long does this take to be able to use the balance I already have?

I Plan to Stick Around

When i called to renew using $100 of my $117 balance i was offered renewal for 6 months for $50 instead, leaving a $67 balance. All good.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Unusual_GlarkExactly which PayGo plan do you have? If it's a grandfathered Talk Anytime plan with a $155 balance, you can use $100 of it to renew for a year, leaving a balance of $55. As I understand it, the $10/month plan is something that people who let their Talk Anytime plan lapse and didn't request to be grandfathered, and carries no balance. Or do you have the Talk Anytime plan for 365 days and were topping it up with $10 each month?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I just topped up $100 every year and was charged like 50c per call. Then like 6 months or so ago, they started charging me $10 a month. I guess it's the $10 a month talk and text plan. And now with this new balance limit I would guess I can't just add the $100 like I used to.  Like I said, I called Rogers and the guy said they'd change my expiry date so I can use the balance for a year but nothing happened yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Unusual_Glark : What happened is that you were automatically migrated to the $10 Talk and Text Plan.  Most people are allowed to take their balance with them, meaning in your case you will likely be able to go for roughly 15 months before you will be charged the $10/mo normal fee for Talk/Text.  You will need to keep track of this on "MyRogers".

If you read through this thread and several others in this PAYGo forum you will see the changes that took place in the past year or so. Here's a post discussing those changes:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-As-You-Go-plan-changes/m-p/413623#M2018

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I received an interesting text from Rogers today.  In it they state that I can continue to maintain a balance above $150. Rogers have extended the time to use any balance over $150 beyond the end of 2018.  There is no "end date" in the text, but they say they'll "keep me informed".

Interestingly, earlier this month I used $100 to suspend my payments for the next year and my balance is currently just under $150...

I Plan to Stick Around

I find it curious that some Paygo "Anytime" customers get emails and some don't.