New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 41

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


strawberry1 wrote:

I have a substantial balance on my pay go service.  I contacted the media and was immediately put in touch with the president's office.  A rep there promised to refund the balance above $150 and extended the expiry date.  Contact the media or escalate the situation to the president's office.  They should help anyone who will lose a balance at the end of 2018.  Please pass this info on to everyone.  OLDYELLR are you there?


That's great! I hope you actually do get your cheque for the excess. In my ~60 minute call with the person from the Office of the President, she played "hard ball" and suggested a refund even though prepaid doesn't offer refunds.  She first offered a refund of a pro-rated $100 top up based on the months remaining. By close to the end of our heated conversation, she mentioned refunding the entire balance which I told her I would only agree to that if she allowed me to port out my number since I know that if a complete refund is done, the account would be closed/locked and porting would not be possible. She placed me on hold and when she returned, she mentioned that she would go for my suggestion which I believe was fair to both Rogers and myself considering I switched to postpaid.

 

During her "hard ball" tactics, she mentioned that the "buck stops here with the Office of the President". I told her that it didn't since I also filed a complaint with the CCTS.

 

I somewhat wished I would have held out to get my excess but went to postpaid and I'm fairly satisfied with what I got even though it means that I need to change my calling habits and use my cellphone more to really get any benefit from postpaid. As long as the unadvertised postpaid plan that I'm on remains in effect, I will have an "unlimited voice/text" postpaid service for over/around 4 years.

 

I was told (not sure if it is true) that I can "cash out" (or get an off contract phone) after being with Rogers postpaid for over 90 days. I'll probably take the "safer" route and exhaust my balance which was transferred to postpaid

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Hi, I'm in the same boat with a relatively high balance. My expiry date is Feb 7, 2018. I don't want to add another $100. just to renew. I use less than $10.00 worth of minutes per month. What are my options?

 

Can I renew for another year by paying a lower amount? Perhaps a $10.00 /month top up?

 

Can I switch to the talk and text plan? If so, how?

 

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 3,274

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


Sarcee wrote:

Hi, I'm in the same boat with a relatively high balance. My expiry date is Feb 7, 2018. I don't want to add another $100. just to renew. I use less than $10.00 worth of minutes per month. What are my options?

 

Can I renew for another year by paying a lower amount? Perhaps a $10.00 /month top up?

 

Can I switch to the talk and text plan? If so, how?

 


Call the PayGo number (1-800-575-9090) and ask to renew using $100 from your balance. Or, if you want to change plans, ask for that using money from your balance. Just remember that if you're on the original talk any time plan, there's no going back. If you want to keep the plan you must as, or else you will get switched to a $10/month plan in March.


SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 8

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and I did phone the pay as you go number 1-800-575-9090 and after trying a few suggestions for different areas of Rogers reception, I did get through to a very good fellow who took a 100.00 from my overage and let me use the phone for another year. He also said that they would not take any overage over 150.00 next year. He added that if I did not use the phone and there was still a surplus of money,  that I could use it again to cover my phone for the following year. So as I mentioned in another post, my phone is used for emergencies only, so the time should not go away and neither should your money. Anyhow I'm am happy with my conclusion and hopefully everyone else will have a successful ending. Good luck and thanks and god bless

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


OLDYELLR wrote:

Sarcee wrote:

Hi, I'm in the same boat with a relatively high balance. My expiry date is Feb 7, 2018. I don't want to add another $100. just to renew. I use less than $10.00 worth of minutes per month. What are my options?

 

Can I renew for another year by paying a lower amount? Perhaps a $10.00 /month top up?

 

Can I switch to the talk and text plan? If so, how?

 


Call the PayGo number (1-800-575-9090) and ask to renew using $100 from your balance. Or, if you want to change plans, ask for that using money from your balance. Just remember that if you're on the original talk any time plan, there's no going back. If you want to keep the plan you must as, or else you will get switched to a $10/month plan in March.


Thanks. My current balance is $87.00 If I top up again this year, I will have $187.00 which I don't really want to carry forward. Last year I carried about $230 forward (the accumulation of previous years).

 

I'm on the Talk All Day plan. Is that what you are referring to?  And what does 'there's no going back' mean? Are people not allowed to switch plans and go back to a previous plan?

 

 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


Sarcee wrote:
I'm on the Talk All Day plan. Is that what you are referring to?  And what does 'there's no going back' mean? Are people not allowed to switch plans and go back to a previous plan?

 


 

The Talk All Day plan changed to the Talk Anytime plan and then became extinct about 4 months ago .  because it was a long term plan you can still use it and if you call in and request it, they will continue it for you  but if you leave the plan for some reason ,there will be no coming back because it no longer exists for anyone other than those who are currently using it .  

If you want to stay on it you need to call and make the request to stay on that plan or they will automatically switch you to the $10 a month plan the first of March  . 

 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


barndoor wrote:

Sarcee wrote:
I'm on the Talk All Day plan. Is that what you are referring to?  And what does 'there's no going back' mean? Are people not allowed to switch plans and go back to a previous plan?

 


 

The Talk All Day plan changed to the Talk Anytime plan and then became extinct about 4 months ago .  because it was a long term plan you can still use it and if you call in and request it, they will continue it for you  but if you leave the plan for some reason ,there will be no coming back because it no longer exists for anyone other than those who are currently using it .  

If you want to stay on it you need to call and make the request to stay on that plan or they will automatically switch you to the $10 a month plan the first of March  . 

 


So there are officially no more Pay As You Go prepaid voucher plans (except for people currently on one)?  I never received any notification of this.

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


alten1 wrote:

 He also said that they would not take any overage over 150.00 next year. 


Just looking for a little clarification on this point.  They have changed their mind and now they are not taking away any overage /balance over $150 ?  Or they will not  accept any overage in excess of $150 ?

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance


Sarcee wrote:

 


So there are officially no more Pay As You Go prepaid voucher plans (except for people currently on one)?  I never received any notification of this.


I'm pretty sure you can still use the prepaid vouchers and use, say a 100 voucher  but it will only last for ten months max  It's just that for new customers the cheapest plan is $10 a month .There will be no more  true pay as you go plan that goes by the minute or the text used .  

If you call in and ask you can supposedly continue with your current plan .

Join the club of receiving no notice.   I believe there are other companies that still have them  just not any of the big three at least.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 43

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Thanks. I'm not necessarily attached to my current prepaid voucher plans, I think a $10.00 month plan might actually be better for me.

 

Capture.JPG

 

So from the above, I'd be interested in the $10.00 month Talk & Text plan. It's from the Rogers Wireless website. In my current PAYG voucher plan I'm paying 50 cents per minute for in/out calls, and 30 cents per SMS.  With the $10.00 T&T plan it looks like it's only 30 cents per minute for in/out calls. Is this up to date and correct? 

 

If so, it looks like a better deal for my needs, since right now I'm prepaying for everything (calls, texts, etc) at regular premium rates. No free minutes or texts at all. In fact, when I started my current voucher plan in 2011, the call rate was 25 cents per minute. So it's doubled in only 6 years!  The only thing about switching plans is that overall, the yearly cost will be $120.00 compared to my current $100.00. But then there are 50 free minutes and 50 free texts per month.  So, a little higher cost in actual dollars, but I could use my phone a bit more for free.

 

Do you happen to know if those 50 free call minutes would roll over to the next month if I don't use them all?

Topic Stats