New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

It looks like, based upon the various reports here, that Rogers is living up to the described innovative approaches to end-to-end customer experience, by having individual discussions and solutions, and clarity in the consequences of each decision.  Now for them to figure out how to best communicate changes to the users that doesn't lead to the confusion that went on for a number of weeks, before we get to this point.

They still have to figure out the communication one because there will still be people who have not been communicated to via text message only, or no current contacts, so that they know that things are changing, and that they are advised to call in and discuss their needs and wishes of how to deal with their existing plans and balances.

It appears that there are alternatives available and that people can walk away satisfied with the outcomes.

Glad to see it moving this direction.

Best wishes to all as you figure out your direction that best meets your current needs.  That is what the wireless code is all about on the primary level is making our needs very clear, understanding our terms and contracts and working together as provider and customer to reasonable solutions and choices.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Whatever works for you.  In my case $100/year and using accumulated balance to renew is the most economical.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sarcee wrote: 

So from the above, I'd be interested in the $10.00 month Talk & Text plan. It's from the Rogers Wireless website. In my current PAYG voucher plan I'm paying 50 cents per minute for in/out calls, and 30 cents per SMS.  With the $10.00 T&T plan it looks like it's only 30 cents per minute for in/out calls. Is this up to date and correct? 

If so, it looks like a better deal for my needs, since right now I'm prepaying for everything (calls, texts, etc) at regular premium rates. No free minutes or texts at all. In fact, when I started my current voucher plan in 2011, the call rate was 25 cents per minute. So it's doubled in only 6 years!  The only thing about switching plans is that overall, the yearly cost will be $120.00 compared to my current $100.00. But then there are 50 free minutes and 50 free texts per month.  So, a little higher cost in actual dollars, but I could use my phone a bit more for free.

Do you happen to know if those 50 free call minutes would roll over to the next month if I don't use them all?

Only you can decide what works best for you but something to consider . Regarding your current plan , a couple people here have reported noticing that they were paying the  $.50 cents a minute when it says $.25 on their  My Rogers page ... they called in and asked what was going on and Rogers staff apparently  changed the pricing back to the original $.25 .  that might make a difference for you . 

I agree if you only use your phone for emergency use there is no cheaper way to go than sticking with the old  plan. In our case we only text with the phone so have the $5 texting ad on  and  have a good balance left over at the end of the year . If you want to use your phone a little  more though, the ten dollar plan definitely gets you more  minutes and texts  at a better price.  

I can't say absolutely  that you can't roll over unused minutes but I would be very very surprised if they would do that. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. That's odd because I do remember getting text notifications from Rogers about rate increases. My profile still says 25 cents as well though. So maybe I will check into that avenue of getting it reduced back down.

I'm a bit confused about the phone numbers. Are there separate numbers for my account inquiries, and for switching?

The phone number mentioned here on the forum is: 1-800-575-9090. The number on the Rogers website listed for switching plans is: 1-855-654-2244

Highlighted

@Sarcee wrote:

Thanks. That's odd because I do remember getting text notifications from Rogers about rate increases. My profile still says 25 cents as well though. So maybe I will check into that avenue of getting it reduced back down.

I'm a bit confused about the phone numbers. Are there separate numbers for my account inquiries, and for switching?

The phone number mentioned here on the forum is: 1-800-575-9090. The number on the Rogers website listed for switching plans is: 1-855-654-2244

If I recall correctly the notification was more of a general thing and would apply more to new customers starting on that plan . You may even want to suggest a credit for money you have spent at the wrong  pay scale . Smiley Wink

Either will get you where you want to go.  For the 1 800 575 9090 number  press 4  then 4 then 1  to get to a CSR  on the new number they have made it FAR easier to get to a CSR .  You call and select prepaid /2  and they get you a CSR right off the bat .  Why they can't make it easier to get to a CSR on the 9090 number is beyond me ...if you don't have the magic 441 shortcut  it can be very frustrating . 

Good luck and please let us know how it goes for you . Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers offered me "use $100 of that balance to pay for the next year" in Nov 2013, but have not offered it since then!
Highlighted

@wleadie1 said  "Rogers offered me "use $100 of that balance to pay for the next year" in Nov 2013, but have not offered it since then!"

LOL ... this is Rogers ....not all CSR's are as customer oriented as they could be .... you have to know what is available to you and ask for it . 

Call in and ask  about it . 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@wleadie1 wrote:
Rogers offered me "use $100 of that balance to pay for the next year" in Nov 2013, but have not offered it since then!

That was not a special one-time offer. You can always use $100 from your balance by calling in.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote:

That was not a special one-time offer. 

Just how was the offer worded  then ? Hind sight is always 20/20  and  if the wording is abiguous  only the outgoing person is going to call in and ask without a second invitation . 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

Just how was the offer worded  then ? Hind sight is always 20/20  and  if the wording is abiguous  only the outgoing person is going to call in and ask without a second invitation . 

The wording (in 2012) was as follows:

Did you know that as of 08/04/2012, you had a Pay As You Go™ airtime balance of $250 (not the exact amount)? Here's a great way to put it to good use and stop worrying about top-ups for a whole year!
We're offering you the chance to exchange $100 of your existing balance for a one-year extension of your remaining airtime balance.
For example, if you have a current airtime balance of $300 that ends on November 20, 2012, with this offer your new airtime balance would be $200 with an end date of November 20, 2013.
It's easy to do. Simply:

• Call our dedicated line at 1 866 566-8343
• Use $100 of your existing airtime balance to extend your current expiry date by one year – to 2013¹
This is a limited time offer!
Please call us at 1 866 566-8343 by December 31, 2012. Our dedicated customer service representatives are available to assist you and answer your questions Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 9pm, Saturdays from 9am to 6pm and Sundays 11am to 5pm.
Thank you for choosing Pay As You Go™ from Rogers. We look forward to hearing from you.

As for the outgoing person, I would call it initiative and if people don't have it, they won't get deals or negotiate prices on anything. That is up to them.  I'm not sure if that dedicated phone number still works - I've always used the PAYGo number with options 4, 4, 1)

The offer was extended in a text to me in 2013, as follows - I no longer have the exact wording:

I just received a message on my phone that I can extend this offer into 2014 for another year. "Pay" $100 out of my existing balance to avoid paying the $10/mo auto top-up charges in 2014. Since I have enough balance, I'll probably do it. That'll mean that I'll have my "emergency" phone, which I only use occasionally, basically free for 2 years....

I have done it again since then, so the offer seems to a very long "limited time offer".  I believe they add the "limited time" portion so that they can stop it at any time.

Edit:  I just looked back in my e-mails and found another e-mail on the topic, so I've received at least two e-mails and one text on the topic  This may be because I did have a "high" balance at that time (2012, 2013)