New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Yes, you're exactly right. I was confusing the old plan with the new talk&text which IMO isn't much use

for someone that only keeps a phone for emergencies,etc. and doesn't do any texting.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You can use a cellphone without a service plan (SIM card) if you don't need mobile call, text messages or internet access. It will still be usable with a Wi-Fi connection (skype, textfree, ...)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have to top up in November ($100 + current balance $117) and the roll-over limit is $150. Can I still use my 'credit' to buy that $100 renewal?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Please explain - what plan are you on that is $10/mo. How can you pay $100/year plus $10/month and end up paying $7/month?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@patdrummond wrote:
I have to top up in November ($100 + current balance $117) and the roll-over limit is $150. Can I still use my 'credit' to buy that $100 renewal?

You most certainly can use $100 from your balance to renew for another year. Just call 1-800-575-9090 +4 +4. It will leave you with a balance of $17. If that won't last you a year, you'll have to top up at some point.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@patdrummond wrote:
Please explain - what plan are you on that is $10/mo. How can you pay $100/year plus $10/month and end up paying $7/month?

Those are 2 different plans. The $100/year plan is the old talk anytime plan that charges for each call and text and runs a balance. If you want to keep that plan you have to tell Rogers when you call to renew. The plan is no longer offered, only grandfathered. New PayGo customers can only get the $10/month plan and other more expensive prepaid plans.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.  Topup paid from a balance is nice (Bell doesn't allow this).  I probably would have chosen $10/mo if they hadn't decided to skim off unused minutes and force customers to 'opt-out' rather than 'op-in'. (I thought this type of making customers 'opt out' was illegal.)

July 19 they switched "By The Minute Talk All Day"  plans to "Talk & Text" $10/month - my account said $10.00 Talk & Text plan. On July 20 it said $10.00 Recharge card  To their credit Rogers changed it back without a fuss July 30.  I checked my credit card and Rogers charge it $11.30 ($10+tax) on July 21 and credited on Aug. 1. Online I saw a negative balance adjustment of $10 July 19 There's no balance column in the online table to guess - very unhelpful.  And a credit Voice of $10 on July 20.  A bit confusing.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interestingly, I got a text yesterday from Rogers regarding this.  They encourage me to use $100 to eliminate payments for the next year on my grandfathered Anytime plan.  My balance is currently above the $150 year-end limit (about $230 this month). I had been planning to call them soon anyway because I had been tracking this limitation, but wanted to wait to be just under $150 at year-end after using $100 from my balance.  Since I use it so little, this means I could use $100 again late next year keeping my emergency phone close to no cost for the next two years. 

Wow, some proactive work from Rogers. Good for you. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

That is indeed encouraging. Pessimistically, I was assuming Rogers wished to move customer over to the $10/month plan rather than keeping them grandfathered. I too use my phone very little, just when I leave the house. Ironically, just this week I had an exchange of texts to buy some mayonnaise I already had on my list and where it was on sale, which I knew. Cost for 3 texts $0.90. Smiley Sad

I just renewed for another year about 3 weeks ago using $100 from my balance, which is now $154 and at the end of the year I could be below the $150 max.  In fact I expect to be able to take another $100 from my balance next year.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

LOL .... it's so nice of you guys to extoll the benefits  of your plans  now that they are no longer available to new customers at Rogers !!    Smiley LOL

@57 did Rogers send you notice  a while back that you can use $50 of account balance for  a 6 month term the same  as the $100 for a one year term ?    That would help keep the balance down and maybe keep that $100 invested in the markets and making you money .   Well...... maybe not the last couple days .  Smiley LOL