New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Certainly go with a plan that suits your needs. My landline is my main phone and I only turn my cellphone on and take it with me when I leave the house in case it's needed, which it mostly isn't. Before I knew I could use my balance to renew I would also use it for long distance calls, but now I don't need to do that.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, after today's text about the August 4 conversion date, I get to keep my $3/month text plan.

Yes, the $150 cap will be in effect at the end of the year.

I love being a pain in Roger's hide. I want PayasYougo. I rarely use the phone and the text plan is so my kids can text home.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Johnny99 wrote:

I've looked at the competition and I don't see anything better. My opinion is that these plans are a nuisance for the providers and the sooner (for them) they can get rid of the subscribers the better. Did everyone receive the text from Rogers offering the no contract $25 monthly unlimited Canada wide texting and calling? The offer expires June 30th.

I did  .... but I only use about 40 minutes a month  ....so I went with a competitor when they had a promo on for 100 canada wide minutes and unlimited texting for $15 a month .   The price is good for the Rogers offer if you can use it   but if  you don't need that many minutes what is the point in paying  the extra ?

I'm Here A Lot

Something happening to balance after Dec 2018?

I was at a Rogers location the other day and I overheard a conversation; something about remaining money on my phone (I have over $100) being cleared after December of 2018? Not sure if I heard correctly but I definitely don't want something like that happening; my balance says it expires not until July of 2019. If something happening to the Pay as you go service after this year?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers service msg: Starting at the end of 2018, our prepaid services will have a maximum allowed balance of $150. Any balance above $150 will no longer be available as of end of 2018. We will be in touch with more information on how you can use your balance soon, but in the meantime you can continue to use your balance as normal.

In my case, I currently have a balance of $256.83 and I'm due for renewal in 2 weeks. I'll be using $100 from my balance to renew for another year. By the end of the year I'll probably have the surplus $6.83 used up using air time and the 911 charges. Anyone with a significant surplus over $150 is should use it up or lose it. Making long distance calls on yout cellphone instead of your landline is a good way.

I'm Here A Lot

Just to make sure I have this clear, by the end of the year, if I have over $150, I only lose the excess right?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Right.

I'm a Senior Advisor

My PayGo balance was $256.83 and my 1-year plan was due to expire on September 16, this coming Sunday. Since the PayGo help line is only available Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST, I just called to renew for another year, taking $100 from my balance. It was easy and painless and the agent was very helpful. My balance now is $156.83. Probably at the end of the year, when balances are capped at $150, I and the monthly $0.75 911 charges will have used up the $6.83 surplus, and if not, no big deal.  If I make or receive no calls or texts at all, this plan costs me just $0.75 a month (the 911  fee).  I initially started with the $25 for 30 days plan and went to the $100 for 365 days when I found out about it.  Yes, there are other pre-paid providers who have lower per minute rates but unless you make a lot of calls, it's not worth the trouble switching. But then, if you use your cellphone a lot, pre-paid is not the cheapest way to go anyway.

I've Been Here Awhile

I could be wrong but under their new system they will deduct $10 month, every month, from your balance as well as the 75 cents so this plan now costs at least $ 10.75/month.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@north77 wrote:

I could be wrong but under their new system they will deduct $10 month, every month, from your balance as well as the 75 cents so this plan now costs at least $ 10.75/month.

That could happen if you let your Talk Anytime plan lapse instead of asking to have it grandfathered. I always renewed for $100 a year.  When migration to the new $10/month plan was announced, I called to stay on my original plan. See this thread.