New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

@BS wrote:

@barndoor  I am glad that we have been given latitude on our discussions on pricing and options in this thread, because it is only through word of mouth that some are even learning about this whole change, and this is a good place for word of mouth when Rogers has provided no clarity on this topic from day one.

Yes, it's only through word of mouth in this forum that PayGo customers have learned about being able to use their high accumulated balance to renew instead of plunking down another $100 + tax for a year. While 100/year is a really good deal for occasional use, being able to use your balance to renew is even better. Shame on Rogers for not publicizing this option and not making it available on line.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just curious  @OLDYELLR ....did you get a notice of some kind about their  $50/6 month option for renewal from balance ? I got an email  about a week ago about it  . 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

Just curious  @OLDYELLR ....did you get a notice of some kind about their  $50/6 month option for renewal from balance ? I got an email  about a week ago about it  . 

I have not received such an email, only read here about customers being offered this. But my current balance is about $267, due to expire in September.  When I renew by using $100 out of that,  I'll likely be under the $150 cap anyway.

hhmmm  ...thanks .... I wonder if it was only sent to those with balances  between  $60 and $110.   

or with a renewal in the next couple months 

I'm Here A Lot

Just did. Thx

Have those with a high balance been finding  a satisfactory exchange for their balance ? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I do the same as you

@lmcjipo wrote:

My balance is significantly higher than $250 and in terms of them taking it away, their own guidelines clearly state that "Refill before expiration date to roll over your balance" which I have made sure that I've done for the last 7-8 years or so.

As mentioned, I'm someone who opted for prepaid not because I couldn't pass a credit check but because I don't use my cellphone that often and I'm generally around a landline phone over 75% of the time (while I'm at work and while I'm at home) and despite what cellphone carriers and VoIP providers might state, landline connections are generally better/clearer than either of these services so when I'm at home/work and need to make a call, I'll generally pick up the landline instead of using my cellphone.

In terms of transferring to a postpaid plan, I'm almost 100% sure that Rogers will give me this option BUT why would someone who is eligible to go on a postpaid plan (i.e. can pass a credit check) which includes minutes (and possibly texts) and has a minimum monthly plan charge of ~$20/month when that same person is on a prepaid plan which includes 0 minutes and 0 texts, pays a high rate of $0.50/minute on local calls, and does not use more than the $100 in a year?

I do the same thing my cell phone is just for emergencies. I curently have $140. bal and the next $100. is due Aug 4 2018.  I use my cell for long distance instead of my no frills land line.  I guess they don't want to give us the $100. Cr. for the next year.   One year I had over $300. left  and got a credit for 2 years.  I don't make a lot of long distance calls.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

My balance is $261.48 right now.  I'm due for renewal in September, when I will use $100 of it. Since anything over $160 will be lost, I'm pretty sure I' won;t lose much or anything. I too use my PayGo cellphone for long distance instead of my landline if I have a healthy balance that won't get used any other way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Any opinions on the offer of unlimited Canada wide calling and texting for $25 monthly?

I'm Here A Lot

Hi All,

Here is my theory... we paid $100 for 2 services: 1) buy $100 minutes; 2) buy one year service time. with new rule of maximum balance amount of $150, it could hurt a lot of people who rarely use the cell phone include myself.

Rogers is offering an option to use your own balance to buy service time for next year, but we still lose $100 minutes. This is not right. I was over $350+ and I discussed with rogers and they were able to refund me the cash/check to make my balance just below the maximum allowed.

BTW, I also added text service using my balance which can provide me more convenience, cheaper than make a phone call.