Minimum Top Up Amount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Minimum Top Up Amount

No.  The other name for PAYGo is Pre-paid. This means you must prepay for any usage you have/expect to have.  If there is no balance, the phone will not work.  It is quite easy to add funds at any time if required.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe I have stated things correctly for your specific question, however, what happens depends on the plan and whether you have enabled "Auto-top-up" for example.  See the following FAQs.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pay-as-you-go-billing-balance-faqs

And the following Options:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup?asc_icid=prepaid_badge_topup

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. I've never really had a need to for a cellphone but since
covid19 has disrupted usual life one might come in handy. I really can't imagine using more than 50 minutes a month so top up might not be an issue.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I've never really had a need to for a cellphone but since
covid19 has disrupted usual life one might come in handy. I really can't imagine using more than 50 minutes a month so top up might not be an issue.

I've found that during the covid19 lockdown, I'm not getting charged for making or receiving calls, so it's a really good deal and I don't hesitate to use my cellphone. However, that doesn't apply for texts, which still cost me $0.30.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

The plan I was considering is 50 texts and 50 minutes of talk for $10.00 per month. That should be more than enough for me.
I do have one more question. Would the $10.00 fee be billed each month on my rogers bill or is it a separate billing?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have Rogers digital cable and Rogers PayGo. They are separate accounts, nothing to do with each other. Cable is automatic withdrawal, PayGo (legacy talk anytime plan) I pay annually when due. I would suggest automatic withdrawal for the $10/month plan.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My PAYGo is also a separate account, although I have both on Auto-WD and both on the same credit card. It would make sense to have PAYGo as a separate account because you may wish to do top-ups or payments or whatever that are separate from TV/Internet/Home Phone.

Highlighted

Thanks OLDYELLER and 57. I guess if I do decide to move into the 21st century automatic withdrawal makes the most sense, though I've never been a big fan of that method.