cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Top Up Amount

Quodis
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I've purchaced a voucher of $10 and I get a message of "The Pay As You GoTM card / voucher provided does not have enough balance to cover the minimum top-up amount".

I remember in the past (about 1 year ago) I've used a $10 one with no problem, so is there a way to change online my minimum top-up amount to 10 so this card won't go to waste? 

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Minimum Top Up Amount

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

I read that link  a little closer  since @jojojessie is not the first person to have this issue .  It's right there on the link page .   Smiley Sad

The ten dollar  vouchers only apply to the talk anytime plan  ....  really  ? Why would they do that ??  

Never mind  I know .  Smiley Wink

@jojojessie ..if you call in they will likely honour the vouchers  on a one time basis if you explain the situation . 

How be this time someone from Rogers post the magic phone code  to get a CSR on the paygo phone.

Hello  @jojojessie & @barndoor,

Thanks for your posts!

As you may know, we have very limited access to Pay As You Go accounts.

Therefore, for this reason, we prefer referring you to the team who will have the ability to address all of your concerns right away.

To have this issue resolved, please contact our Pay As You Go department :

1. Dial 1 (800) 575-9090 from any phone or 611 from your wireless mobile device.

2. Wait for language selection to finish

3. Press option 4 for “General information”

4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

Their hours of operation are the following:

Monday to Friday: 8 AM– 12 AM (ET)

Saturday: 8 AM – 9 PM (ET)

Sunday: 10 AM– 8PM (ET)

@barndoor -  If you feel like this information can be useful to any user, feel free to post it publicly to raise awareness!   Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

barndoor

@RogersMaude wrote:

1. Dial 1 (800) 575-9090 from any phone or 611 from your wireless mobile device.

2. Wait for language selection to finish

3. Press option 4 for “General information”

4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

I see you posted what you would hear  for option 4  in both cases .... what would you hear for option one in the third menu  if you were to listen for it ? 

Yes. I know it's not magical   but I certainly sympathize with those  who try to  access a CSR through the phone menu for the first time  ...  the one is the choice at the end  of the third menu  and the wording (unless it has been changed in the last two weeks ) certainly makes it seem  like it's a secret . 

No one here should need  to repeatedly post the sequence  to get a csr...it should be a clear and simple option  ... I've already posted it multiple times , as I know you and Old Yellr  and others have as well .

Why does it need to be done  so often ?  

We appreciate you took the time to share your comments with us, @barndoor.

I can imagine the inconveniences caused by being unable to reach a representative, when you need something fixed about your cellphone line or account.

I have actually tried it again just now, and I have to agree with you on this.

The options described, after pressing 4 the second time, are the Pay As You Go section of our website and the mailing address for anything Prepaid-related.

I am glad you insisted and describe it in details, as it will allow me to bring this up to the attention of the appropriate party for review. I cannot promise you things will change in a timely manner, but I can definitely assure you that I will forward your feedback.

Thanks again and have a great night!

RogersMaude

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Before I knew the exact sequence of steps to access live support I would just dial the Rogers number and keep hitting "0" to get a live operator who would transfer me. That takes longer and can be frustrating, but it's a last resort. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Before I knew the exact sequence of steps to access live support I would just dial the Rogers number and keep hitting "0" to get a live operator who would transfer me. That takes longer and can be frustrating, but it's a last resort. 

Exactly ... and isn't this a customer service line ?  

Does Rogers not realize that they are not the only game in town  any more and   the offering elsewhere are very competitive ... so if their customer service sucks  in any regard  ...I'm going to go elsewhere .  And customer access to accurate information in a timely fashion is customer service . 

I can only hope that they follow up on this .... because I can't imagine that it is not costing them customers judging by the frustration levels of the few customers that take the time to come here  for answers. And  what is the point of offering great promotions  to entice people if you don't apply some customer service in the RIGHT PLACES to keep them here. 

THey used to have a line where you could talk to a CSR with no automated menu  .. maybe it cost them money but I loved it ...most of the time you could have your answer and be off the phone in half the time it would take you to get through the automated menu  . But thats just me I guess !  Smiley Wink

Minimum $100 top up??

I have a $20 talk and text plan for my daughter and it had run out a while ago. I just put $60 on it with my credit card thinking that should be good for 3 months. The person on the phone informed me that the $60 is only good for 1 month since any funds less than $100 expire within a month. I asked for a refund and they refused. So to get this straight,

if I put more than $20/month on the account, Rogers will just keep the rest? I have to keep $100 or more in it? Like a deposit? Sounds contrary to the whole idea of a Pay as you go account. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jarrettenns wrote:

1. I have a $20 talk and text plan for my daughter and it had run out a while ago.

2. I just put $60 on it with my credit card thinking that should be good for 3 months.

1. When exactly did this "run out"?  Days, Weeks, Months ago?

2. I'm pretty sure that any of the newer plans (like $20 talk/text) do not have any amount that rolls over into the next month. The amount you pay is "lost" every month and you need to top up (typically with the $20 that is automatically withdrawn if you use an automatic withdrawal method for the $20 or some Auto-top-up amount when the funds are close to running out).

3. The only plan that allows for a rollover of funds is the "Anytime" plan which is very old and grandfathered for some of us. 

4 I haven't actually heard about any $100 amount that allows for rollover...  Here's the contact information for PAYGo:  Make sure you call them and not the regular wireless people because only the PAYGo people have the proper information.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

jays77

I've been thinking about getting a 10 dollar pay as you go plan and am confused about the need for top up payments or vouchers.  I had assumed that when you pay your monthly Rogers bill you would pay the $10.00 monthly fee and if you went over the allotted 50 minutes that the extra cost would just be added to your monthly bill.  Is this not how it works?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No.  The other name for PAYGo is Pre-paid. This means you must prepay for any usage you have/expect to have.  If there is no balance, the phone will not work.  It is quite easy to add funds at any time if required.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe I have stated things correctly for your specific question, however, what happens depends on the plan and whether you have enabled "Auto-top-up" for example.  See the following FAQs.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pay-as-you-go-billing-balance-faqs

And the following Options:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup?asc_icid=prepaid_badge_topup

jays77

Thanks for the clarification. I've never really had a need to for a cellphone but since
covid19 has disrupted usual life one might come in handy. I really can't imagine using more than 50 minutes a month so top up might not be an issue.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@jays77 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I've never really had a need to for a cellphone but since
covid19 has disrupted usual life one might come in handy. I really can't imagine using more than 50 minutes a month so top up might not be an issue.

I've found that during the covid19 lockdown, I'm not getting charged for making or receiving calls, so it's a really good deal and I don't hesitate to use my cellphone. However, that doesn't apply for texts, which still cost me $0.30.

jays77
The plan I was considering is 50 texts and 50 minutes of talk for $10.00 per month. That should be more than enough for me.
I do have one more question. Would the $10.00 fee be billed each month on my rogers bill or is it a separate billing?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have Rogers digital cable and Rogers PayGo. They are separate accounts, nothing to do with each other. Cable is automatic withdrawal, PayGo (legacy talk anytime plan) I pay annually when due. I would suggest automatic withdrawal for the $10/month plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My PAYGo is also a separate account, although I have both on Auto-WD and both on the same credit card. It would make sense to have PAYGo as a separate account because you may wish to do top-ups or payments or whatever that are separate from TV/Internet/Home Phone.

jays77
Thanks OLDYELLER and 57. I guess if I do decide to move into the 21st century automatic withdrawal makes the most sense, though I've never been a big fan of that method.
Topic Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation