cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Top Up Amount

Quodis
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I've purchaced a voucher of $10 and I get a message of "The Pay As You GoTM card / voucher provided does not have enough balance to cover the minimum top-up amount".

I remember in the past (about 1 year ago) I've used a $10 one with no problem, so is there a way to change online my minimum top-up amount to 10 so this card won't go to waste? 

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Minimum Top Up Amount

Quodis
I've been here awhile

Hey there, sorry for the very late feedback but has been a very very busy month.

So the situation is that in order to make the account to accept minimum of 10, I had to change it to another plan, which instead of charging 35c for the first 5 minutes, it charges 50c. Which I didn't since the girl on the phone just used the voucher this one time as of customer courtesy. 

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
Hey @Quodis
That's a very good question.

@OLDYELLR will be able to assist, I believe, as he uses PayGo service.

However, do you have a plan that requires another minimum amount? I know PayGo users can have plans, and to cover that, you must top up to those plans.

Hopefully Oldyellr can shine some light into this.

Quodis
I've been here awhile

I only have the $3 text one, and $10 Data one. Other than that nothing.

Then I believe that would be $13 minimum.
So if you did $13 or $15 top up. It would work.
That's why $10 isn't working.

You can call in to PayGO customer service and they could manually use the voucher.
I believe over the phone system and online system would reject it because your minimum for service you have would be $13

This is my guess, I personally don't use PayGO to know the full details.

Hoping someone in the community can pitch in and add info. Either confirmwhat i said or correct me.

Good day @Quodis !

I definitely wanted to share some of my Prepaid knowledge to help you get a better understanding of the issue at hand.

To answer your original question, the minimum TopUp amount is indeed $10. To add that balance would be great, in the instance where you already had a balance remaining but you wanted to extend the expiry date for 30 days.

I understand that you currently have a $3 text messaging add-on and a $10 data add-on. Those are normally added to a voice plan of your choice. It is unfortunately not possible, to take these add-ons without having a plan for talktime.

For more info on our monthly plan for PayGo, click here.

The add-ons normally need to be renewed every month. in the instance where you would want our cheapest voice plan, as well as your current add-ons, you would have to Top Up enough to cover $15.75 for the plan and $10 for data plus applicable taxes. I am slightly limited in the information I can provide you at this point, as I am not sure of the amount you currently have left on your balance or if you are on a yearly plan, for example.

If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

RogersMaude

Thanks for clarification @RogersMaude! :]
Appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

So why does the $10 top up fail? if it is the minium requirement as @Quodis attempted?

I don't use PayGO so I am confused and trying to learn this. Thanks.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Quodis, I don't understand why a $10 top-up would not be allowed. Here is what the Rogers site says:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/top-up/934?setLanguage=en

From the time I had PayGo, I remember the lowest cost voucher being $10, but I eventually ended up getting the $100/year ones because they were good for a whole year and with my usage, the most economical. I would call them at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Quodis
I've been here awhile
Thanks for your time to give such a detailed answer. I had $8 in my account so it wasn't 0. I tried to use the voucher on my sister's phone which has exactly the same PayGo plan with the same add-ons and got the same result. Will call tomorrow since I'm at work right now and I'll update the post for someone who might have the same question in the future.

Definitely would want to hear back from you @Quodis - I want to know what the result is.

Quodis
I've been here awhile

Hey there, sorry for the very late feedback but has been a very very busy month.

So the situation is that in order to make the account to accept minimum of 10, I had to change it to another plan, which instead of charging 35c for the first 5 minutes, it charges 50c. Which I didn't since the girl on the phone just used the voucher this one time as of customer courtesy. 

Thank you for updating the Community @Quodis!

We're glad to see that this situation was resolved and that the representative was able to help you with this Smiley Wink

Take care -

RogersMaude

fireblazer
I plan to stick around

I just had the worst customer experience yesterday....  My mother inlaw has a pay as you go phone from rogers.  Her phone stopped working.  I checked it online.  I notice my credit card online had expired and could not top up her phone.  I tried to enter another credit card number but it would not let me.  I tried to delete the existing expired number but it would not let me.  Went to a rogers store and waited in line for help.  They said they could help me but after trying, they could not change my credit card either.  Only solution they could provide is to call the customer 1-888 number and hand the phone to me and wait for customer service.  Computer voice said my expected wait time was 30 to 40 minutes.  I hung up the phone as I was mad that there was no immediate solution for my problem.   On the way home decided to stop by Metro and purchased a $10 top up card.  Tried to enter it on the phone but had a computer tell me the minimum top up was $20.  Had to spend another $20 to top up.

Not going to keep spending $20 per month for a pay as you go plan.  Shopping for a new provider but have a feeling all providers do not want pay as you go customers.   Telus has pay as you go for $10 per month.  Go there today....   Rogers can go... even home phone and cable...  Thanks for nothing.

Hello @fireblazer,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I hope you were able to have this issue resolved since your original post.  

If you still require assistance please reach out to our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

We appreciate your loyalty and I am confident our Prepaid reps will be able to definitely assist you.

Regards,

RogersCilio

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

You know , I have to wonder about Rogers attitude toward their  customers after reading for the umpteeenth time from a Rogers staffer how to work the shortcut on the pay go answering machine. 

WHY DON"T  YOU SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER  AND MOVE THE CHOICE OF SPEAKING TO A REAL PERSON UP TO THE FIRST DECK OF RESPONSES??? 

Oh wait ...that would be an improvement in customer service , wouldn't it ?   Smiley Frustrated

Personally, other than to apply money to my account I have ended up talking  to a CSR every other time I have called !

Sorry ... I'm just frustrated  because Rogers won't provide a simple plan that suits my needs  and I need to switch providers because others do .... 

fireblazer
I plan to stick around

Rogers is not about improving customer relationships. Why listen to seniors who only need a phone for emergency?  Will be leaving in the next 30 to 60 days when my pay as you go minutes expire.  Telus has a better plan.  Rogers require you to have a minimum $20 even though they sell $10 phone cards. They also charged 0.30 per incoming text. My mother inlaw does not text but she gets junk text and this is what is bleeding down her balance.  All incoming text should be free since we have no control who is texting our phone!  Telus has a $10 per month plan that includes text.  They have elimated pay as you go but this plan is plenty for seniors who only want the phone for emergency calls to family members. It comes with 50 minutes and 50 text  We are tired of replies that say call our customer service.  Customer service reps are not trained to keep customers but only to fix the current problem.  They can not alter pay as you go service. No wonder they have a high turnover rate.  Already move two accounts to Telus and got to keep the numbers thanks to federal law. Not that it matters for seniors. Not interested in talking to customer service anymore.  Leaving is the best way to show corp execs the lack of service. One leaving won't matter but if thousands are doing it monthly, only then do they pay attention.

Eventually you will see me post to Telus Community forum but for now they seem to be the better solution.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

You know , I have to wonder about Rogers attitude toward their  customers after reading for the umpteeenth time from a Rogers staffer how to work the shortcut on the pay go answering machine. 

WHY DON"T  YOU SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER  AND MOVE THE CHOICE OF SPEAKING TO A REAL PERSON UP TO THE FIRST DECK OF RESPONSES???

The reason Rogers has the option to speak to a human buried right at the very end of the choices is that they feel most problems can be solved through the automated system, freeing the actual reps to deal with the complicated stuff.  I just recently went through the procedure on the phone because what I needed to know (why my balance had expired and when) was not available anywhere on line or through the prompts). Even though I have posted the exact procedure here on the Forum for reaching a human, I missed it the first time and had to call again because it's so deeply buried. The option to use money from your balance to renew is also not available on line, which is why I have to call to do this. I was told that there should be a $2 charge for renewing through an agent on the phone, but she waived it "this time".  Frankly, I don't feel it's fair to charge customers for getting assistance from an agent if what is required isn't available on line or through automated calling.

barndoor

Oh I realize what they are hoping for ... but I still think it is a sign of disregard for their  customers. Why can they have immediate CSR communication  on live online chat ? How is that really any different than  literally live chat  ... in my case I can convey my question far faster  verbally than I can type it. 

Thanks for clarifying your point @OLDYELLR. in your case I agree I think the CSR you talked to was wrong to threaten you with the two dollar fee.  When I phoned in, after they started the two dollar fee, to do the same as you  to have part of the $140 balance used to pay a renewal I was not threatened in that way .  I did ask what was up with the two dollar fee  and she said that it applied to those people who wanted to apply a top up card to their account and used a CSR to do it rather than the automated phone machine. Not totally  unreasonable  I would think

So, another example of  same old  issue again, Rogers staff not knowing their own playbook . 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor The CSR didn't "threaten" me with a $2 charge, just mentioned that normally that would apply, but she would waive it. I didn't get into a discussion about the fee, but maybe I should have for my edification.

The thing is, who most often has a simple PayGo phone for emergencies?  Seniors!

Who is most likely to need human phone support to manage their balance?  Seniors!

Who is most likely to get confused by the long labyrinth of phone prompts before getting to a human?  Seniors!

My point is that while in the physical world we have all kinds of aids mandated for the frail and handicapped, like parking and wheelchair access, Getting a human to help on automated phone menus is complicated and charging for this help is despicable.

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I didn't get into a discussion about the fee, but maybe I should have for my edification.

Perhaps if you had we wouldn't be furthering this discussion  ....  again, the $2 dollar fee is for only those who are using vouchers to top up their account and use the CSR instead of the proper automated system .  That is NOT what you said you did, ergo the information the CSR gave you  was incorrect .   Smiley Wink

The  automated system  or at least the last time I used it  to add a voucher , the first choice is press one  to add money to your account, then you are asked to  enter your ten digit phone number, then you enter the 14 digit number on the voucher.  As an impoverished , demented senior  even I can handle that and have to  wonder why you feel the 2 dollar charge  for  being  too lazy to  to do that without a CSR is so despicable. It is one thing when the automated system is as simple as it is to add a money voucher to your account and it is a whole nother kettle of fish to deal  with the general automated system with the multitude of ambiguous  choices ...non of which seems to get you to a live agent unless you know the secret Rogers code or you have ten minutes of spare time to waste. I'm getting old and I don't feel I can spare those ten minutes ....especially to the likes of Rogers  Smiley Wink

My next payment from pay as you go is not until June 8. Today is may 16, 2017. My paygo is $10 a month. I am getting this error with two different $10 pay as you go vouchers. I just want extra balance on my account because I pay for talk by the minute and want money in my acct for that. even if my cost was 15 or 20 a month, why cant it let me apply 2 ten dollar cards to my account.

Hello, @jojojessie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Were you able to top up your account? What was the error you were getting when you tried to top up?

There are different ways available to top up your Pay As You Go account. If you are still looking to top up please follow the link to try an alternate method. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation