Minimum Top Up Amount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Minimum Top Up Amount

Hello,

I've purchaced a voucher of $10 and I get a message of "The Pay As You GoTM card / voucher provided does not have enough balance to cover the minimum top-up amount".

I remember in the past (about 1 year ago) I've used a $10 one with no problem, so is there a way to change online my minimum top-up amount to 10 so this card won't go to waste? 

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Minimum Top Up Amount

Hey there, sorry for the very late feedback but has been a very very busy month.

So the situation is that in order to make the account to accept minimum of 10, I had to change it to another plan, which instead of charging 35c for the first 5 minutes, it charges 50c. Which I didn't since the girl on the phone just used the voucher this one time as of customer courtesy. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey @Quodis
That's a very good question.

@OLDYELLR will be able to assist, I believe, as he uses PayGo service.

However, do you have a plan that requires another minimum amount? I know PayGo users can have plans, and to cover that, you must top up to those plans.

Hopefully Oldyellr can shine some light into this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I only have the $3 text one, and $10 Data one. Other than that nothing.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Then I believe that would be $13 minimum.
So if you did $13 or $15 top up. It would work.
That's why $10 isn't working.

You can call in to PayGO customer service and they could manually use the voucher.
I believe over the phone system and online system would reject it because your minimum for service you have would be $13

This is my guess, I personally don't use PayGO to know the full details.

Hoping someone in the community can pitch in and add info. Either confirmwhat i said or correct me.
Highlighted

Good day @Quodis !

I definitely wanted to share some of my Prepaid knowledge to help you get a better understanding of the issue at hand.

To answer your original question, the minimum TopUp amount is indeed $10. To add that balance would be great, in the instance where you already had a balance remaining but you wanted to extend the expiry date for 30 days.

I understand that you currently have a $3 text messaging add-on and a $10 data add-on. Those are normally added to a voice plan of your choice. It is unfortunately not possible, to take these add-ons without having a plan for talktime.

For more info on our monthly plan for PayGo, click here.

The add-ons normally need to be renewed every month. in the instance where you would want our cheapest voice plan, as well as your current add-ons, you would have to Top Up enough to cover $15.75 for the plan and $10 for data plus applicable taxes. I am slightly limited in the information I can provide you at this point, as I am not sure of the amount you currently have left on your balance or if you are on a yearly plan, for example.

If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

RogersMaude

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Thanks for clarification @RogersMaude! :]
Appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

So why does the $10 top up fail? if it is the minium requirement as @Quodis attempted?

I don't use PayGO so I am confused and trying to learn this. Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Quodis, I don't understand why a $10 top-up would not be allowed. Here is what the Rogers site says:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/top-up/934?setLanguage=en

From the time I had PayGo, I remember the lowest cost voucher being $10, but I eventually ended up getting the $100/year ones because they were good for a whole year and with my usage, the most economical. I would call them at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your time to give such a detailed answer. I had $8 in my account so it wasn't 0. I tried to use the voucher on my sister's phone which has exactly the same PayGo plan with the same add-ons and got the same result. Will call tomorrow since I'm at work right now and I'll update the post for someone who might have the same question in the future.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Definitely would want to hear back from you @Quodis - I want to know what the result is.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey there, sorry for the very late feedback but has been a very very busy month.

So the situation is that in order to make the account to accept minimum of 10, I had to change it to another plan, which instead of charging 35c for the first 5 minutes, it charges 50c. Which I didn't since the girl on the phone just used the voucher this one time as of customer courtesy. 

View solution in original post