MAKING APP PURCHASES WITH PAY AS YOU GO ACCOUNT

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

MAKING APP PURCHASES WITH PAY AS YOU GO ACCOUNT

I am a Rogers pay as you go customer using a Nokia Lumia 635 windows phone. There is a sports app I have subscribed to twice in the last year paying using my pay as you go balance to make purchases. Now I get a message saying my account is not set up to make in store purchases and that I need to contact Rogers to have it set up. Just wondering if anyone knows what I should do. I contacted the creator of the app and he directed me to Microsoft support team but I don't think Microsoft has the answer. It has to do with Rogers and not being able to pay using my pay as you go account which I have done fine in the past. Help would be much appreciated Thanks

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: MAKING APP PURCHASES WITH PAY AS YOU GO ACCOUNT

Good day @buddah1986,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We can only imagine how inconvenient this must be.

Do you have any other In-App purchase option beside "Carrier Billing"?

Have you made sure that there was nothing in the Settings of your Microsoft Store that you would have to update in order to allow the transaction to go through?

Did you make sure you had sufficient funds for the amount you intented to have debited?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

Thanks for replying

My only option of payment is through my Rogers pay as you go account balance. I added a $20 phone card to make the purchase a few days ago. I don't use the other methods of payment like credit/debit or prepaid gift cards. My apps store is up to date and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have not changed anything with my phone settings or with my Rogers account which is why I don't understand why the transaction can't be made. I took a screenshot of the message but can't attach it here. Any other ideas?

Looking forward to a reply

Thanks
Highlighted

Hello, @buddah1986

Have you reached out the Pay as You Go support yet? Please dial 1-800-575-9090, after confirming the language, Press 4, and then Press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

Cheers,

RogersMoin