Is it possible to send an SMS directly from my PC using my Rogers account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is it possible to send an SMS directly from my PC using my Rogers account?

Thank you Mr. Bruce for your answers,

Skype would be an interesting alternative for me but are there Pay As You Go vouchers that can be bought from stores in Canada (especially from Montreal)?

I have found a list of countries and stores ( see: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34553/other-ways-to-buy-skype-credit) but Canada is not there. Even if some stores in the table are also present in Montreal they do not seem to carry Skype cards. For example, Staples US has but Staples CA does not have.

2017-01-19-Skype Prepaid Card.jpgSkype - $10 Prepaid Card

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am not aware of Skype cards in Canada, but yes, I too have seen them in my travels in the U.S.

You can add it online and pay with a range of methods.

see this link for Canada options, https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12323/how-can-i-pay-for-skype#c

Depending upon how you decide to use it, credits is one option (basically like pay as you go), and subscriptions give very deeply discounted rates off their already low rates.

My daughter used them all the time when she worked on a coop in the states and to contact her fellow students all over the world.  Skype to skype is free for most calls and texts, cost is generally only for calls to landlines and cell phones only.

Try it out with a free Skype to Skype contact - phone, sms, chat or video - you need a membership and the person you are contacting needs one too, kind of like facebook messenger.

Hope it goes well and you find a solution that best fits your needs.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know how to send text messages with Rogers accout, but I know we can use phone assistant tool to send text messages from computer easily,such as coolmuster android assistant. After connecting mobile phone to computer via usb cable, open the tool. Then we can do that easily. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

There used to be ways of sending texts to phones from Rogers, but it looks lie they've been disabled. I just Googled the subject and the Rogers link that came up didn't work. I did find http://text2day.com/ and sent myself a text, but what I received was a request to "Reply" before I could read it and then I got charged $0.30 for an outgoing text.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario