Incoming Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Incoming Text Messages

Wow, 50 cents a minute sounds like a whopping deal. Place rolleyes icon here.

I called Canada from Germany this July using my ALDI TALK pay as you go and paid 17 cents a minute for an overseas call.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Canada has the world's highest cell phone rates.

http://www.therichest.com/luxury/most-expensive/countries-with-the-most-expensive-average-cell-phone...

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I know.

We should get ALDI to open up a chain of grocery stores in Canada.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

First of all, the Third World has much cheaper cell phone rates than Canada. But it all depends what you you use a cell phone for. Some people have replaced their computers with cell phones and are happy to pay $100/month.  Others aren't happy, but enjoy complaining.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Europe is hardly Third World considering how much more advanced they are than us. Take drivers for example; at least in Germany, they know what the left lane is for. Here, drivers dream in it. LOL

Using my calling card for my land line, calling many third world countries has a much more expensive per minute rate.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i am on the most basic "pay as you go" plan.  my phone was turned off for the last two weeks.   when i turned the phone on, there were no messages.  i checked my account (billing and usage) and there were charges for 3 incoming sms that i dont even know if i received, let alone read them.

who do i complain to and have the charges reversed??

apparently there is some way to block these sms by sending them to short code 7726 see here : https://tinyurl.com/zokqsoh ) .  however, how can one do that when these appear to be phantom sms that only appear on my bill??

any ideas how to go about this?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

When I turned my phone on today I received four spam texts in quick succession from the same number.

spam.jpg

From my calls transaction history I see two incoming texts today and another a few days ago. so it doesn't quite add up and there are no legitimate texts on my phone in that time period.

08/03/2016 09:28 $0.30 Incoming SMS
08/02/2016 23:24 $0.30 Incoming SMS
07/27/2016 22:53 $0.30 Incoming SMS

I thought Rogers was intercepting spam texts, or at least not charging us for them.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @OLDYELLR,

I can certainly understand the frustration of receiving unwanted text messages. Although we do try to filter most SPAM messages before they come through, there are times where a few may slip through the cracks.

When you get a chance, contact the PAYGO department and they can get those charges fixed up for you.

RogersRoland

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @sacrileger,

Thanks for your post!

For future references, if ever you wish to discuss/dispute the usage made on your prepaid line, please contact our Pay-As-You-Go department by dialing 1-800-575-9090.

Press Option 4, Option 4 and then Option 1. This will get you in touch with a live person quickly.

They are open Monday to Friday from 8am-12am EST, Saturday 8am-9pm EST & Sunday 10am-8pm EST. 

RogersMaude