I have a Pay As You Go plan and I can't make calls even though I still have minutes left.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Pay As You Go plan and I can't make calls even though I still have minutes left.

Hello! I've had the $100 prepaid plan for a few months and whenever I try to make a call I recieve a message saying "Rogers svc msg: Your blance is insuffience to complete your call. To top up your account, please dial *611. If urgent, dial *525 to make a collect call." I never passed the 100 minutes because I rarely make calls anyways. I was just wondering why this happens? I just want to make calls 

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: I have a Pay As You Go plan and I can't make calls even though I still have minutes left.

Exactly what kind of plan do you have?

Have you checked your balance?

https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=BillsPayments

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: I have a Pay As You Go plan and I can't make calls even though I still have minutes left.

I have the pay as you go $100 plan and my balance is 0.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

DId you have a prepaid plan before the $100 plan ?  

Someone a while back  had been on a $20  plan and then applied a $100 voucher  thinking that automatically switched them to the $100 plan      ... but it remained on the $20 plan and ate up their balance in 5 months even though they made no calls .  

Regardless it is best to just call in and ask and they can tell you for sure what is up .

Highlighted

Oh... and if that is the case  and they won't give you at least half your balance back... because they have done a poor job of communicating the ins and outs of the $100  plan  .... with your balance being zero  I'd head for another  service provider

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Wow. I'm very disappointed because I only used maybe 10 minutes out of the 100 minutes and I only had this plan for a few months. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Caught in that infamous poor explanation when changing from one model to another, and the fine print.

One nice thing that came in last CRTC decision is that you will notice that whenever a change in service is discussed, they immediately tell you how it will impact your current service mix.  This resulted due to the number of concerns raised by customers that the details were never made clear when the change was made, or were miscommunicated or misunderstood, or the rep couldn't offer that to you, and now that you are changed, we can't set you back.

This is why we see posts of clarification like the free additional data to some share everything users, but the warning that if you buy a new phone, change your plan in anyway, you will lose the additional data added to your plan for the next year.

Now that it is being made clear to me what the implications are, I am often going, no, not worth it, losing things that I worked hard to make a decision to get, and I can always go retentions see what they can do, or even switch companies, or more drastic, just decide to take all the extras out of my electronics mix and go old school.

Yes, there is a long history of this example - don't know how much it will help escalating it, but worth a try.

Take your notes from your current discussions, your perception of what you thought you were getting, that if you had known, you probably would never go down that route, and who would, then report a concern - I think what you can write in the intital concern box is now limited, so keep it simple and ask them to email or phone you.

Document, document, document and clarify your understanding and their repsonse to your understanding.

You will probably be starting with Office of President at this point, but you need all this detail.  They often will pull the recording from the first interaction or their documentation, and you may have said you were ok, thinking everything was fine - I had that happen, and because I said ok, I was stuck.  Did get some small compensation though.  Always be careful what you say yes to, and what you are agreeing to.  Always explicitly detail what you are agreeing to, and if that differs from what they thought they said to you, then they have to keep working to get common understanding for both sides and you can make a full informed decision.

As much as some complain about CRTC, they have brought some important changes, like this one, forced them all to put starter packages into the bundling models, and to bring in the full pick and pay, although each company has a slightly different approach to how they price those choices, but the CRTC is still listening to us and watching closely as to what the companies do.

To close that point, if you don't succeed with Office of President, you can then escalate to Ombudsman, or directly to CCTC.  Just be aware, that if they offer any compensation and you accept it, the process is done  as you have accepted their proposed resolution.  You don't have to accept on the spot, you have time to think and get back to them.

Unfortunate to hear of another person who got caught in these "misunderstandings".  You are not the first.

Bruce

Highlighted

Hang on a sec Bruce . Smiley Wink .. @cd6 has confirmed that she/he has lost their balance  but the reason is still unconfirmed .... I have suggested a possibility but  as yet  @cd6 has not confirmed  that that is actually the problem  by confirming there was a different plan before the $100 plan . 

Much as I am constantly disappointed by Rogers tactics I think we do need to hear their side of the story here . 

I  don't recall the new Paygo hours but  @cd6 may need to wait till Monday morning   to call and find out what has actually  happened . Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello,

I have the pay as you go Talk/Text/Data plan for $30 a month and I am supposed to get 50 minutes a month. Had this for almost a year and never had a problem. This month for some reason they are cutting me off around 30 minutes. I can't make or receive any calls but I still have 20 minute left! I tried to see what my transaction history had to say and it only shows me today's transaction history!

I called the 1 800 number for pay as you go but it doesn't let you talk to a person and the machine doesn't handle problems like this. How does something like this get fixed? I have over a week before my next plan payment is due and there is no freakin way I am putting more money on my phone when I should still have minutes left.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

Highlighted

@rr2016 Check your Private messages . Smiley Wink