How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How to Cancel Pay as You Go Account?

Rmoroso, you can call the pay as you go customer service and speak to an agent who can put the cancellation request in for your account. once its cancelled you loose your account as well as phone number.

if you have a phone number people will remember and want to keep it, then you can "port" your number to another provider, this will automatically trigger a cancellation with rogers wireless so you do not have to contact them to cancel your account, but yes you lose any air time balance you have remaining

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Rmoroso wrote:

Its understood a postpaid plan does have a monthly end date with no carry over where a pay-as-you-go does have a carry over. I realize that it is up to Roger's discretion what they do with my accumulated balance, but I was just hoping that they are good corporate citizens.

I agree with @57 and especially his #2 comment . 

I'm assuming from your comments that you have a bit of a balance ... Unless you stay with Rogers in some form that balance will likely be lost .  

Before you call in check out the monthly Pay go plans and see if there is anything there that even remotely suits your needs . At least them you could use up your balance .  I suspect that if your balance is sizeable   and with a bit of negotiation  if you switched to a monthly pay go plan you may not even have to add money on a monthly basis  and you could use up a bunch of that balance. 

Good Luck .

edited to ad : It used to be if I pressed the  '@' key a list of those commenting in the thread would appear in a drop down box  and one could easily and accurately be selected if you wanted to draw their attention.   It seems that feature has been done away with in the last round of improvements  ? ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

edited to ad : It used to be if I pressed the  '@' key a list of those commenting in the thread would appear in a drop down box  and one could easily and accurately be selected if you wanted to draw their attention.   It seems that feature has been done away with in the last round of improvements  ? ?

Works for me.

@at.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

... It used to be if I pressed the  '@' key a list of those commenting in the thread would appear in a drop down box...

Works for me too, but I need to be logged in.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Makes sense that log in is necessary .  

edited post log in  to ad  : @OLDYELLR , @57  .....yup works  now . ... thanks 

So just have to adjust to the lost functionality  of that first post when not logged in  and then find the right trail to get back here  after log in .  It was bringing me back automatically first couple times but not now.   .... what a PITA .