How much you can accumulate with Pay as you go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How much you can accumulate with Pay as you go?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a ceiling on accumulating funds with pay as you go.

Thanks,

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: How much you can accumulate with Pay as you go?

You should be able to carry over your funds on a monthly basis no cap will be applied as long as the top up is done on time.   

I'm a Senior Advisor

How are you using PayGo? I believe all the monthly options roll your balance over to the next month so long as you add more time before the month expires. However, if you don't use your phone an awful lot, the $100/year voucher is the most economical way to go. You won't see it promoted on-line, so  I purchase it at the Rogers store. In my case, I never use up $100 worth of minutes in a year, so my cost is $8.33/month plus tax. But it gets better than that. In my case I've had over $200 balance accumulated at renewal. It's a little known fact that Rogers can apply $100 of your balance to the next year if you ask. That, in effect, brings your total cost down to $4.17/month plus tax. Of course, if you forget to renew before the expiry date, you lose your balance and have to start from scratch.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,
I've Been Here Awhile

May I ask you when you requested your balance to be applied to the following year.    Was this done when you added the 100$ voucher to top up to 200$ or was it requested near your expiry date?

I also have a balance of over 200$ on my pay as you go phone as I don't use it very much.   I was wondering if I should  request my expriy date to be extended.   My balance currently expires in November.

Thanks,

I'm a Senior Advisor

@sbour080 wrote:

May I ask you when you requested your balance to be applied to the following year.

A couple of times I missed renewing on time, so I lost my balance. But when I went in the store to renew before it expired, I just asked the agent if I could use the $100 of my $150-odd balance towards renewing. I think it's a customer servive thing and not something you can do yourself. The amount I use my cellphone I never use up $100 worth of minutes a year. In fact, since I always run a surplus on my Rogers PayGo, I never make long distance calls on my landline because that costs me extra.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!
I'm a Senior Advisor

Another PayGo tip:

I only turn on my phone and take it with me when I go out. The other day I discovered two pocket-dialed 411 calls on my phone for $2.85 and $3.20. I never use 411 on my phone. When you first turn on your phone, don't just drop it in your pocket. Wait for everything to load and then turn the screen off before putting it in your  pocket. But maybe I received a text I didn't hear and it turned on and then pocket dialed. In either case, Rogers made a quick $6.05 off me for doing absolutely nothing.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I usually use the 100.00/yr pay as you go, but I have accumulated over 200.00 if I don't pay by expiry date do I lose all this air time?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, you have to keep track of your expiry date or lose all your accumulated time. However, whenever I've accumulated over $200 I've gone to the Rogers store to renew and got $100 of the balance rolled over, so in effect getting another year for free.

But you have to keep track of the expiry date and renew ahead of time. What this does is advances the expiry date each time, so you can't just go by "the end of March" or something like that or you'll miss it and lose all your balance.

In my case, my usage is nowhere near $100/year and I could get by with a $50/year plan easily, but Rogers does not offer that. However, being able to roll it over makes up for it.