How does my yearly Rogers Pay As You Go plan get cancelled and is now property of Chatr?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How does my yearly Rogers Pay As You Go plan get cancelled and is now property of Chatr?

Topped up a Rogers Pay as You Go yearly plan on June 16, 2017.  Today (August 5th) we noticed the cellphone is unable to make or receive calls or texts. The phone indicates "Not registered on network". Any attempts to call that number, report that "the number is not assigned".

Logged into MyRogers Account looking for help. The phone number was still listed as one of my accounts, but the balance was listed as "$0". Doubtful that we could have used 1 years worth of prepaid services in less than 6 weeks, I tried to check out the Usage & Services history. Unfortunately I was unable to do so, "Because your Pay As You Go account is cancelled, your MyRogers access is limited." CANCELLED ?!?!?!

Our credit card statements confirm that the yearly Rogers TOPUP had been made mid June. I then called the 800 number for assistance. I was shocked when the Rogers rep indicated that the cell number was "not a Rogers number, but was actually listed as a Chatr number", and there was nothing Rogers could do. I would need to contact Chatr first business day of next week.

The Rogers rep could not explain where my yearly top up payment went, why was the cell number still listed on MyRogers account, why or how the account was cancelled, or how my Rogers number could have become a Chatr number!!! He basically said that no one at Rogers could help since this was a Chatr number and Chatr issue. 

Has anyone experienced such an issue? Would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: How does my yearly Rogers Pay As You Go plan get cancelled and is now property of Chatr?

Update / Issue "Solved"

After a few frustrating days of back and forth with Chatr and Rogers, cell phone is now functional with some changes....

I could not get a clear explanation as to how this could happen but, according to Chatr our cell number was "ported". Chatr seemed to indicate it was their error, something about the wrong number was input. Not really sure what this meant. I really have no idea how Chatr even entered the equation, I just simply wanted to get the cell back up and running.

I had to get a new SIM card and then Rogers had to activate. This proved a bit of a challenge since the cell number was sitting in some "ported-out-no-man's-land". The solution was to get a new number (not a big deal, as the cell has very limited use). 

The other snag was the original $120/year plan no longer exists and I would have to be on the new $180/year plan. I wasn't too pleased with this, but given that this whole mess was not our fault, Rogers was good enough to pay the $180/year tab, as well as move over my existing balance.  Seemed fair enough.

I did appreciate the CSR efforts to correct this mix up. Hopefully measures will be put into place to prevent similar from happening to others.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: How does my yearly Rogers Pay As You Go plan get cancelled and is now property of Chatr?

Hi @digital107,

Thanks for reaching out.  This is definitely a perplexing situation, and I totally understand your frustration and concern. 

Just curious, had you used the line before you topped up? Or was there a period of inactivity or no top up?  I'm interested to hear what the Chatr side has to say. Please do follow up with us here if you have a chance.

I'm not sure if we'd have any different information than the rep you spoke with, but if you'd like us to look into it, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, line was used under the $120/year plan for almost a full year, no issues. Then we received a text to top up on June 16. We did so at that time through MyRogers online, selecting another prepay period of 1 year. Service then continued normally up until July 30th.  Credit card statements confirm payment went through to "ROGERS TOPUP", yet service was cancelled on July 31. 

I will follow up with Chatr asap. I have never dealt directly with Chatr and actually just became aware that they are a Rogers company. I will post back to let you know what Chatr has to say. Hopefully we can get this sorted out, if not I will send you a private message to look into this. Thanks for that offer of help.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Update / Issue "Solved"

After a few frustrating days of back and forth with Chatr and Rogers, cell phone is now functional with some changes....

I could not get a clear explanation as to how this could happen but, according to Chatr our cell number was "ported". Chatr seemed to indicate it was their error, something about the wrong number was input. Not really sure what this meant. I really have no idea how Chatr even entered the equation, I just simply wanted to get the cell back up and running.

I had to get a new SIM card and then Rogers had to activate. This proved a bit of a challenge since the cell number was sitting in some "ported-out-no-man's-land". The solution was to get a new number (not a big deal, as the cell has very limited use). 

The other snag was the original $120/year plan no longer exists and I would have to be on the new $180/year plan. I wasn't too pleased with this, but given that this whole mess was not our fault, Rogers was good enough to pay the $180/year tab, as well as move over my existing balance.  Seemed fair enough.

I did appreciate the CSR efforts to correct this mix up. Hopefully measures will be put into place to prevent similar from happening to others.

View solution in original post