How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

57 wrote:

With many corporations, the option to talk to a CSR is the last item. 

Yup ...agreed... but generally it is either the directory first or an option for extension  and then the option to talk to someone  .... not  near as many ambiguous choices as here .  It all depends on how customer oriented the company is . Smiley Wink 

Actually the the last corporation I called , which was yesterday , gave me a choice of two departments  .... and both choices were answered by CSR's  ... now that is customer service . Smiley Wink

57 wrote:

I do not understand the reference to a magical code. 

Strange  ...you quoted it at the end of your post  and you have handed it out  to many a customer here because they were having trouble getting through the paygo menu . Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

57 wrote:

That's why I know the 4-4-1 options by heart.

LOL ... exactly !!   What is the point of the  majority  of the ambiguous  choices on the menu   if the only people that use them are people that  use the system infrequently  and are apt to get frustrated by going through the choices ....especially the last one . Everyone else like yourself  just skips to the CSR choice anyway .  

In this day of soaring minimum wages, customer service by humans is being phased out.  While listening to canned menus and pushing buttons to work up the tree takes the customer longer, it costs the service provider almost nothing.  I've seen people asking how to find Live Chat on the Rogers site, even mistaking these forums for live chat. That seems to be gone now too.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OLDYELLR wrote: I've seen people asking how to find Live Chat on the Rogers site, even mistaking these forums for live chat. That seems to be gone now too.

Live Chat seems to be available on the following "Share a Concern" page link.  It may take a few seconds to come up after clicking:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I have used both occasionally.

Chat also comes up on the "Contact Us" link - select the appropriate tab:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

I'm a Senior Advisor

It is not surprising that some people show up here thinking this is just another chat - if you go to technical support on chat, it will tell you to be patient, and while you are waiting, consider going to the community forums - some people may not have any idea what a forum is, and may think they are in a chat - I know it is obvious to us it is not a chat, but live eat and sleep here much to the chagrin of my wife Smiley LOL  But for some, they are just trying to get support - we send them to chat, and chat suggests they come here.

Easy to see how someone can end up spinning in circles, go to the phone, and then start spinning in the prompts.

So think of it, you do a google search, you end up in a thread on your topic, could be 1000's of responses in there, and a marked solution, from 4 years ago, no revelance.  So since your answer is not there, you create a new thread with your question, and then you get a message that it got moved (low and behold to where you were and didn't find the answer), and someone may have suggested you go to community helps, chat, or call in.

So you click the link to chat, and you wait, and a prompt comes up suggesting you go to the community forum.

Isn't that wonderful, back into another loop,

So until you learn how to navigate all this, you get frustrated, and come here say, how do I actually talk to a person.

Depends upon what department - cancelations, you get one right away, negotiate you end of contract - click cancellations, don't go first level CSR, now that they put offers for ongoing customers, you can see it on website, but there is lots available beyond that, so go chat, or new services - you will get a real person.

or in this case for those who know the system 4-4-1 Not the secret code, but the unmentioned numbers to get to a real person (so not a secret, just you a puzzle to solve).

In the knowledge base, how about all the short cuts of keys and how best to get a real person.

Maybe each of us can put a short cut process to efficiently get the task done in answer to the original thread title.

So here is my contribution to the question - if you want to review your services - choose the new/change services option, the first time you call or contact them and you get a real person.  If you want to consider what they are offering, but are considering walking (i.e., comparison shopping) - go to cancellations.

So any other easy ways to get a real person?

Bruce

OLDYELLR wrote:

In this day of soaring minimum wages, customer service by humans is being phased out.  While listening to canned menus and pushing buttons to work up the tree takes the customer longer, it costs the service provider almost nothing. 

While that seems to be the consensus of the more experienced posters   here and I'm sure that is what Rogers would like you to believe I disagree  due to past experiences .  

Firstly I have trouble getting past the fact that they can apparently hire those same Csr's to sell you product and give you quick access to that Csr on an abbreviated phone menu  but want to reduce accesss to those Csr 's by using a long , ambiguous tree of  menu's  on the customer service line. 

Secondly I think it all depends on how customer oriented a company is as to what the customer service  phone menu is like  .... from my experience  ....I tried to contact a company  that  was difficult to track down and had a very customer unfriendly phone menu  ... only to be told  to take the product back to the place of purchase and either get a replacement or a refund  .... didn't want to hear the problem or deal with it .  I understand the phone menu in their case . That is the way they want to do business and that is fine .   I had missed in the product information where it was stated to deal with the retailer not the manufacturer  .....or importer it would seem to be these days . 

In the last 6 months I have called two other  companies about quality issues ... very customer oriented  and listened to the complaints  .... they took the information and product codes  and sent me vouchers for product and apologised for  the product failures and thanked me for my business .   Both of those companies answered their  phone with a Csr ..  we still buy their product  and the issues seem to have been corrected . 

I think there are lots of companies out there that seem to agree that long ambiguous phone  responses are not good customer service . 

And really look at the time involved ... I suspect a lot of people can talk a lot faster than they can type  ...so which method of contact is going to actually  require less CSR time ...chat or a phone call ? The only nice  thing I see is that with chat you can print (at least you used to be able to ) off a copy of the conversation   Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor :

The CSRs for PAYGo are specialized. They are not the same people that answer calls say for TV or internet. That's why there is a different number and menu.  Have you ever noticed that the PAYGo CSRs are super customer-oriented and know exactly what they're doing? That's rarely the case when you call the regular Rogers numbers and have a cable TV issue - those people, almost always, are reading from a script, although sometimes you find someone experienced and very useful.

Chat takes very little time at their end. One chat person may be handling several chats. They don't type all their responses - they have pre-written questions or comments that may require hitting only one number for example, which then shows up at your end as "Hello, my name is Susan. barndoor, how may I help you today."  They may even use "bots" for some of the questions - that's pure conjecture, but it's possible these days.

We all realize that different companies (or different areas of the same company) handle customers in different ways.  PAYGo customers are probably the least profitable of Rogers' customers and that's probably why there's a different, less customer-oriented, setup.   They hope that if you're just trying to know your balance, or do a top-up, etc, that you'll use the menu or MyRogers.  They do, however, have a CSR available if you really need to talk to one.

I also often use Chat (with many corporations) if I need something "for the record".  I believe you can get the response e-mailed to you, or print it, but if not, then you can still take a screenshot and save it to your computer or print it.

57 wrote:

@barndoor :

The CSRs for PAYGo are specialized. They are not the same people that answer calls say for TV or internet. That's why there is a different number and menu.  Have you ever noticed that the PAYGo CSRs are super customer-oriented and know exactly what they're doing? That's rarely the case when you call the regular Rogers numbers and have a cable TV issue - those people, almost always, are reading from a script, although sometimes you find someone experienced and very useful.

After reading your post I understand completely why so many  think you are a Rogers  employee  . Smiley Frustrated

I have no idea what the above comment  has to do  with the  discussion about the the fact that the 1 800 575 9090 pay go number has  a very customer unfriendly menu on it that many frustrated people have posted here   about 

YET there is a CELL PHONE  promotions number that was quoted in another thread which will  get you to one of your  ""SPECIALIZED" PAYGO  CSR"s  as a  SECOND choice choice in the first  menu .    If Rogers  feels  it is a good idea to have an abbreviated simple  menu when Rogers is trying to sell new phone plans  to new paygo customers ,would it not be reasonable or good customer service  to treat  old faithful customers with the same regard ? Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

Code is not 4-1-1 correct code is 4-4-1 thanks to me going to the most recent post first this added more frustration. Careful what you post in this sensitive issue.

Yes ... maybe one of the Mods could go in and edit that  to 441  ... I'm sure Bruce will be distressed to know he misled someone  but he won't be able to edit it.  

On that note I better correct the point i made above ... I tried to use the promotions line  again that I mentioned above  ... it does not work . 

I actually  went through and followed up  on some of the choices  on the pay go menu ,  just so I wasn't labeled as being too impatient .  I'm even less impressed now than I was before . . . 

Topic Stats