How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

It is interesting that on the promotions line  @1 855 654 2244   pressing 2 will get you to a live prepaid agent  ...yet  on the customer care line  you only get  to a live agent when  you get to the very LAST choice and then only if you deem your issue as URGENT .   What message does that send  ? 

I've Been Here Awhile

Sad part was the chat part .

I am not totally worthless with a computer ..

I noticed that I could not get the chat started , using internet explorer 11 on my win 7 laptop

so I opened with Google chrome ,and there it was , a few more words that I could click on ,to start

the chat , There is no openeable link that shows when using internet explorer 11 .

so I get in contact with a Daniel , told him I used the 18005759090 number ,

seemed glad to have an excuse for not helping ,

"" sorry we don't do pre-paid on the chat live , dial*611 ""

no mention of option 4-4 then 1 , all web info leads you to leave the house and get in your car

and drive to the nearest Rogers counter  ,

*** I was very close to just calling another provider ,  to get another package , vey close ,

this " forum" try , was my  last effort , luckily the reply was quick , very quick indeed .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote: Does it really cost that much to change the responses on the automated answering machine ? 

While it doesn't cost much to change the menu, it does cost to have CSRs talking to people. That's why with almost any corporation you call these days the option to talk to a person is often last, or certainly not the first option.  Many don't even allow you to press zero any more.  Corporations prefer if you use the web or other means to find a solution to your issue.  This is because many of the answers are easily found on the web, the corporation website, or FAQs, etc.

It's unfortunate that (many) people are so impatient today, but some people have spent a minute or two and listened to the menu system all the way through to find the 4-4-1 option and posted it here.  Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

While I agree with @57, I want to comment on what is a bit of a judgement of people without knowing their situations.

For me, I need to get to human beings easily - and it is not patience, it is cognitive disability - I can't understand verbal instructions well, as well when my mental health symptoms are challenging me, I don't have a lot of patience, and I can't deal with automated systems.

I worked in an organization once where we served people with developmental disabilities - we did not have an auto attendant when we were open, because of the cognitive challenges presented by them.

For a person with cognitive challenge, answers are not easily found on the web or the corporation website or FAQ's, etc.  I can find most things on the web with my disability as you have seen, but what no one knows is how much challenge and time it takes me to find the information and the fact that this challenge exists is not something that a reader of my posts, or someone on the phone is going to be aware of.

Whether people are so impatient today, I won't debate - patience is impacted by so many things, and when you are frustrated or distressed over technology and really do need to get to a human being to understand, patience is going to be low.

I ultimately learned of the time lag between the 4-4 to the 1 option there, and in a few other locations after a lot of frustration as to "how do I find a person".

So my point is that I am glad that some may have spent the minute or two and listened all the way through and posted here and it is appreciated, but no need to judge those who did not - "so impatient", and "are" I did note the emphasis on the definitive are - available on the net - not every person is highly web literate, and grew up talking to humans on the phone, learning long time ago how to get to a human, and are actually frustrated by the reality that the company is discouraging us from contacting real people. 

I fully agree the logic behind it is that it sends us to the web and automated systems which from experience, is believed to save money with less staff involvement, but can need to negative impacts on customer relations, utlimately hurting the company.

But I think most who know me will be aware of my strong advocacy for the rights of those with disabilities, and the legal obligation of companies to not put profits over accessibility.  This is another area where that applies.

I now actually ask directly for the direct key strokes, I do generally listen to the end so I can get a real person, and I write down the key steps with organizations I need to get through quickly to.

So basic question - the cost is not that much, the discussion and corporate decisions to set up the choices is a lengthy process, but in the big picture, not over costly, it is one time.  But once they do, someone else is going to come along and want it another way.

But to summarize, for a person who has challenges with understanding automated prompt systems, they need to work with humans often to get work done, or the staff have to spend time and train me how to use the automation effectively, and profits are not a legal justification under the OADA.  There must be a proof that there will be undue cost on the organization of making a change to support those with a disability.

I have been having an ongoing discussion here, and with related staff at Rogers on getting them to broaden the definition of disability and their responsibilities and the challenges that their systems may put in front of those with disabilities.

So, I am pleased that you and others have put forward the full 4-4-1 options and that when we find them they provide assistance to help us to get to a human when we really need to.

The key is that they system at the moment has been designed to discourage contact to a human, except as a non-obvious step - last prompt at the end of all prompts, with a time lag before you hear it - and that is legitimate problems for some - not an issue of patience, or whether they could find it on the web site - at that point, they are in a position that they need a real live person, and they are challenged to get there, and for some, they may be cognitively challenged to ever find that solution.

Thanks always for the suggestions, but let's all be careful about the judgement of other people - we don't live in their shoes - just my opinion.

The tips and suggestions to help get us through are greatly appreciated and the key to why this forum works well.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

BS wrote:

...be careful about the judgement of other people - we don't live in their shoes...

In my posts I usually try to use qualifiers like "many" or "most." While I was being judgemental regarding the impatience of many people today, it was not intended to reflect on those with disabilities or those with other reasons for having to talk to CSRs, which is why I often post the 4-4-1 solution, as well as the other solutions like "Share a concern," "Chat", etc.

57 wrote:
It's unfortunate that (many) people are so impatient today, but some people have spent a minute or two and listened to the menu system all the way through to find the 4-4-1 option and posted it here.  Smiley Wink

Is it impatience or is it the fact that  one feels frustrated at the fact that  one has  purchased product  from this company  and now the customer service is lacking . 

I have dealt with many companies that screen calls with automated systems and they  have directories that you can access first   but if they are a customer oriented company  they do   not hide the choice to get to a staff person as has been done here .  I mean really... a real person is  the second choice on the line  if you want to buy a Rogers product  but it is  at the very end of a long number of choices if you just want to ask a question about your account . .  

What is the number one response of staff here when it come to pay go  ... call the pay go line and ask them  ? 

That is fine if you come to this forum  and get the magical  code  ... but what about those that don't? Look at @Kazimodo ... ready to head to a different provider  and look at all the time that was wasted .....just because the menu is so  confusing . 

Sure if they come here and get the magic code all is good ... which also brings up the question  ... would there be a whole lot less activity on this section of the board  if the number was more customer friendly ? Smiley Wink

As far as cost goes  .... how much time (both Rogers and customer) has been spent  during  @Kazimodo  efforts trying  to  sort out an issue, that when  a CSR was actually accessed  was dealt with almost immediately . 

In my 25 years here  I have never used the automated machine other than to top up  which is first choice for logical reasons  and all other interactions  were with a CSR  .... I don't think it was because I was impatient  but because  that was the only way to get the issue dealt with that I know of .  

Regarding the last option ...  press 1  if you have an "urgent "matter  to contact ROgers ... an "urgent" matter to me  is a tree is about to fall on my head  not  why are you charging me for 4 spam calls .  But hey thats just me  , I know I have a warped sense of priorities.  Smiley Wink

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi 57 , you may think that , "many" or "most." , are lazy , and want to talk to someone right away ,

i tried the net ,

i opened a session on My rogers ,

I read the FAQ , got some info there , but what good is info if there is

no way to apply those possibilities going by regular channels .

finally figured a way to go the chat way .. no help there for me

Rogers changed the rules , ( new total permitted on pay as you go accounts  ;  $150.00 )

no way I was going to add another $100.00 , after finding out I could use a part of my $333.02

balance to buy my one year subscription , adding $100.00 and getting to $433.02 on

a package that will cut the money down to $150.00 in December of 2018 , is not an option

I am even surprised that you ( Rogers ) are not being taken to court on this one ,

compares very well to pre paid Store cards , with time limits on them , that were outlawed.

changing the rules after money has been spent , is not going to get you happy customers ,

that kind of change SHOULD have included a letter " in the mail " , to your customers ,

offering options , and links on how to apply those options ,that's a  strategy from Rogers  ,

money hungry bean counters in every company now days .

Not everybody is a slave to a smart phone , of course that is not the kind of customers

Rogers likes , not enough money spent from them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Kazimodo wrote:

1. I am even surprised that you ( Rogers ) are not being taken to court on this one ,

1. Just to be clear. I am not associated with Rogers.  I am a Rogers customer, just like you who tries to help people on this forum.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote:

Sure if they come here and get the magic code all is good ...

I do not understand the reference to a magical code. With many corporations, the option to talk to a CSR is the last item. It's not magic.  I do understand your frustration with the matter of Rogers' changes to PAYGo plans, I've had to deal with many of the same issues myself and have had to talk to CSRs to get satisfaction regarding my PAYGo plan.  That's why I know the 4-4-1 options by heart.

57 wrote:

That's why I know the 4-4-1 options by heart.

LOL ... exactly !!   What is the point of the  majority  of the ambiguous  choices on the menu   if the only people that use them are people that  use the system infrequently  and are apt to get frustrated by going through the choices ....especially the last one . Everyone else like yourself  just skips to the CSR choice anyway .  

Topic Stats