How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

Im getting very angry.....all I want to do is set up my voicemail on my pay-as-you-go and the 'instructions' on the website (iphone) don't work and if you call tech support it tells you it's a 'self-service' line and send you around in circles and won't do anything! Plus I need to change the credit card on my account and it tells me to call customer service to do this and there's no number to call!!! Get it together!!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How do I actually talk to a PERSON!!!!!???

Hello kate1309

The phone number for Paygo customers is 1-800-575-9090. Keep pressing 00000000 until the automated voice tells you you are being transferred to a live agent. See if the live agents can do it for you. Terribly sorry to hear you are getting the run around for all thisSmiley Sad

I've Been Around

I've been with Rogers for 20 years because they, at least in my area, have provided consistently good and reliable service. Unfortunately, I recently encountered the same problem you had and I was on the verge of canceling all my TV, internet, and phone accounts when I saw Meomix's response.

I just spent 3 days trying to reach someone to talk to at Rogers. None of the provided numbers for assistance, listed on their website, are anything but promotional push advertising for additional services or information on how to change your account. If you have a problem that requires talking to someone, forget it. I needed information on one of my account's billing activities, which happened to be Paygo. None of the listed numbers eventually lead to a PERSON!

I then went to the online chat option and talked to a rep and finally a manager. This was worse; they kept referring me to the same numbers listed on the website. When I explained that the call regarded Paygo, both said they knew nothing about this plan and could provide no information. I asked for a number to call so I could talk to a live person; they said they didn't know of any numbers to call for that. When I asked what else I could do to reach someone, they said they couldn't help me. So much for a "help line" that doesn't! 

I just saw Meomix's suggestion and it worked, finally, and I did get the answer I needed. However, this approach of repeatedly banging 0 on the phone is entirely inappropriate.

Rogers could go a long way to retaining customers, if they 1) improved their website so you didn't end up going in circles and getting nowhere and 2) provided an option to speak to a person, when it is necessary. Maybe I've lived a very sheltered life for the last 60 years, but I've never encountered a call help line that did not provide a "press 0 or 9, if you wish to speak to a representative". Yes, that is a major pitfall for Rogers, given the number of nonsense calls they will receive; however, it's better than losing your customer base.

I've Been Around

I'm with rogers for my phone and I'm wondering what number I would call to talk to a real person regarding getting set up with a rocket mobile internet stick, currently I'm stuck using school internet and I need my own personal internet for when I go to college next year, I'm already in my fifth year so I can't put it off much longer.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Cake_Is_God and welcome to the forums.

A Rocket Mobile stick is a great option for students looking to have access to Internet when away from Home. You can speak with a Live representative on the phone through our sales department by dialing 1-888-764-3771 and selecting the appropriate prompts to speak with a sales rep.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I agree . It's so sad .  I remember when for a period they had a direct line. Call in ...get a person ... question answered and done in under two minutes .

Now it seems to take two minutes to just get through the advertising let alone the mechanized responses.  Why would you put advertising on a line used to deal with potential problem issues ? It's just a further insult that Rogers thinks their time is more important than that  of the average customer .

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just dial the Rogers 800 number and then keep hitting "0" when prompted. You may get all kinds of error messages, but eventually you'll get a ringing and a live person will answer. Yo then need to tell them what it's about to get transferred to the right department.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Just dial 611 on your rogers phone and after the short french blurb, press 0 three times slowly. you will be fast tracked to a person.

Who will probably put you on hold....LOL

Good luck!

I've Been Around

Thanks... it worked!
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just what is an urgent matter ? To me it means I'm bleeding significantly , bones are broken , someones health or safety is at stake ... you get the picture . How common is that as a definition for urgent ? 

Yet when you call in to the Rogers help line  as so many have been directed to do here  ... the  last selection ... the one that you press is ..."if you have an urgent matter press  1 to speak to a representative" . 

Why is it worded  in such a way that it seems that Rogers paygo wants to hide and not really  address customer issues? I realize that they are trying to force customers to use the self help aspect of the phone service but so many of the questions we see here could likely all be answered so simply  and QUICKLY if  the option to speak to a CSR was made a little more welcoming and customer oriented.

The answer I would say is  in the number of posters that show up here and say there is no option to speak to someone when they call in . 

Does Rogers not care  about those customers that may have a question ?

Topic Stats