cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on

Eikinator
I've been around

Hi everyone,

I just bought a "pay as you go" sim card from a vendor in Montreal. The sales assistant told me to choose the "Talk all Day" plan and then purchase the 500mb / 20$ option as I mostly need data. However, I could find neither option. When choosing a plan, the only one available without a monthly charge was the "talk anytime" plan with 0.45ct/min. That's fine for me. However, the 500mb data addon is not available. I can only find a 250mb / 15$ addon. 

Where do I find the 500mb / 20$ addon that is advertised on the website and in the leaflets?

Best regards

Mike

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data add-on

@RogersAsif wrote:

Hello @Alpine1

You can get in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives so they can have a look at your account. To reach them, please dial 1-800-575-9090. After confirming in which language you wish continue, press 4, then 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

Let us know how it goes.

RogersAsif

Thank you for that information. I previously tried to speak directly to an agent using that self-help number but couldn’t figure out the option. I’ve now spoken to an agent and she confirmed that I had paid $30 for the 1 GB data add-on but she told me that the 1 GB service gets cancelled immediately when you cancel the add-on. She reinstated it for no extra charge and told me to cancel on July 4 to avoid the recurring charge.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Eikinator,

I do see the option online as well on the website, however we don't have the information fully available to answer all Pay As You Go inquiries here so the phone number: 1-800-575-9090 is the best to call if you need assistance adding on the data plan.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

Alpine1
I'm here a lot

We got a new unlocked smartphone the other day into which I installed the Rogers SIM card from our old Nokia flip phone and the calling and texting services worked fine on the new phone. But, I wanted to try out Google Maps and also internet browsing using cell data so I logged in to our Rogers account and signed up for the “$30 /month for 1 GB data add-on” and Google Maps and the Chrome browser then both worked fine with WiFi turned off. I didn’t want to have a recurring charge for the 1 GB data add-on in 30 days so  I logged in and turned off (unchecked) the “$30 /month for 1 GB data add-on” and tried Chrome again with WiFi turned off but I got an error message from Rogers saying that I should purchase data to be able to browse the web. My question is – when I purchased the “$30 /month for 1 GB data add-on”, was our credit card charged $30 or was the $30 deducted from the $100+ in credit that we had in our account? If we were charged the $30, why is the one month for 1 GB data add-on not still working today and for the remainder of the month?

Hello @Alpine1

With a data add-on purchase, there will be an immediate withdrawal from your account. If you decide to cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access until the end of the current 30 day cycle. Did you keep track of how much data was used? 

You can get in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives so they can have a look at your account. To reach them, please dial 1-800-575-9090. After confirming in which language you wish continue, press 4, then 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

Let us know how it goes.

RogersAsif

@RogersAsif wrote:

Hello @Alpine1

Let us know how it goes.

RogersAsif

Thank you for that information. I previously tried to speak directly to an agent using that self-help number but couldn’t figure out the option. I’ve now spoken to an agent and she confirmed that I had paid $30 for the 1 GB data add-on but she told me that the 1 GB service gets cancelled immediately when you cancel the add-on. She reinstated it for no extra charge and told me to cancel on July 4 to avoid the recurring charge.

Randomuser99
I plan to stick around

How can I cancel my data add-on?

I currently have the $50 2GB data add-on that I was temporarily using during the month of July, but I no longer need. I attempted to cancel it but on the MyRogers website, it kept giving me an error that I wasn't using the latest Internet Explorer browser and that I should either upgrade to the latest browser, or switch browsers (even though I'm currently using the latest Chrome update). I also attempted to cancel through *611, but I couldn't find a cancel option. Is there a way to cancel my data add-on?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@Randomuser99  I suspect the simplest solution would be to follow Rogers Asif's suggestion above and call in. There has been very little wait time to talk to someone in the know in the past if you use that number and menu shortcut .  Smiley Wink

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation