Data Day Pass doesn't work on HTC Desire C

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Data Day Pass doesn't work on HTC Desire C

Hi,

I have been a Rogers Prepaid customer for several years and have been using a Nokia C3. I recently received an HTC Desire C from a family member who also used it with a Rogers Prepaid account. I put the sim card from my Nokia into the HTC and everthing worked fine until I purchased a Data Day Pass over my wifi connection. When I moved out of my wifi zone I was not able to connect to any websites or data services. Settings>Mobile Data is On and it says "Connected", but I can't access any data services like Facebook, Gmail, Google Play Store, etc. 

When I put the sim back in the Nokia the data works fine. Unfortunately, accessing websites on the Nokia is a PITA so I would like to buy a newer, unlocked phone so I can have better access to mobile data services with a monthly Data Pass, but I don't want to spend money on a new phone if I can't get it working on the HTC.

Any suggestions to get mobile data working on the HTC? I searched the web and saw one recommendation to do a soft reset, but that didn't work. I've also turned the phone on and off serveral times. 

There are no Rogers stores in my area, and the only place I might get local support is Best Buy, but I doubt they would be much help since I'm a prepaid customer.

Thanks.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Data Day Pass doesn't work on HTC Desire C

Hi @streetcore

Thanks for posting Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you checked the APN setting for the device?

You can view the How To here.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @streetcore

Thanks for posting Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you checked the APN setting for the device?

You can view the How To here.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your response. There is an APN on the HTC called Rogers Internet and the APN is rogers-core-appl1.apn, but most of the fields are "Not Set" and they're greyed out so I can't edit them. I'll try creating a new APN following the instructions for Non-LTE devices and report back. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It appears to be working now that I have setup the new APN. I just bought another Data Day Pass and will try it out with the HTC before deciding whether to upgrade to a new phone or not. 

Thanks very much!