Data Add-on Carry Over

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Data Add-on Carry Over

Does anyone know if Roger's wireless internet add-on carry over if you have left over data usage like Koodo's?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Data Add-on Carry Over

Hi @Rog85

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, wireless data add ons are not able to carry over.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rog85

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, wireless data add ons are not able to carry over.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The add-on carry over should be automatic.  If I pay for 1GB of data per month, I should be entitled to use that 1GB however and whenever I choose.  The fact that some months I don't use up my enitire GB of data and it disappears, is quite frankly, robbery.  Rogers, has plain and simple, STOLEN property that I've paid for.  The fact that Rogers is capping data to begin with is inheirently corrupt.  With TCP/IP protocol, the bandwidth(Pipe) is divided evenly among every user on the network.  Their argument that they put caps on people data so that the network won't get too congested is false.  There is no limited amount of data on Rogers end, that they can eventually run out of... It is unlimited to them.  In today's communication infrastructure, we have more than enough capability to provide unlimited data to everyone, yet Rogers thinks it's ok to shake people down for every penny.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

No carry over, imagine that 🙄

Because there’s only a couple providers here in Canada that’s why.

I agree, I should be able to carry-over my unused data.

In the US almost every carrier has unlimited data but here we can’t even carry-over ours.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does Rogers now carry over unused additional data purchased?
If not, how can you use all of the additional data purchased, without going over the purchased additional data? This is a prepaid monthly plan.
Highlighted

Greetings @shaggyskunk

Thanks for posting your data usage concern here in the Community! This is a great question! 👍

Although I do not use prepaid services myself, I was able to clarify a few things with our Prepaid Team! When it comes to any data inclusions on your prepaid plan whether it's part of your plan or an additional add-on, I'm afraid any unused data does NOT get rolled over into the next month.

With that being said, there are a few things you can do to help keep track of your data usage to ensure you get the most out of it before your services reset at the end of the month:

Throughout the monthly usage period, you can dial *611 > 2 > 2 (for talk, text & data plans) or 3 (data add-ons) from your prepaid phone to check how much data is remaining on your plan. 

You may sign in or set-up a MyRogers profile and add your prepaid account number so you may check the last 60 transactions for the current month. Keep in mind though, that this is for ALL services including talk, text, and data usage.

Hopefully, you find this information useful! You can also contact our Prepaid Team at 1-800-575-9090 during regular business hours to inquire further if needed. 😊

Please take care and stay safe!!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Was wondering if there is any way I CAN carry over my data? I have 50gb a month because my home internet is awful, just so I can game and watch movies when I'm not working. Some months I dont have time to play and basically throw away the $50 extra I pay for it. Didnt realize you (Rogers) were scamming me out of data I pay for when other companies roll-over extra data. Any help would be appreciated! - Curry
Highlighted

Hello @Mugshotz,

Welcome to the Community!

Our wireless plans currently do not offer a roll over feature. If you've noticed that you're not using anywhere close to 50GB of cellular data, I would recommend you to maybe consider switching to a lower data bucket. You can view alternate plan options here

RogersZia