Charged for Picture Messages with $10 Prepaid Talk & Text Plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Charged for Picture Messages with $10 Prepaid Talk & Text Plan

I assumed that with the ten dollar plan the 50 free texts were sent messages since it is a plan and that is the way the add on plans work (free incoming )  ....but according to the CSR it is fifty text transactions  meaning incoming texts are included in the "fifty" .   If you are within your  "50" allotment there is no charge for picture messages. No $.50 charge . 

Thanks Rogers  for the clarity in your written offering  !!!Smiley Mad   

Another question then .... if I receive  a picture message  does it count as a received text ??  In the fine print for pay as you go users  there is no charge for an incoming picture message ...does that  mean that it should not be counted as part of the "50" transactions ??  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Yes. Except for texts from Rogers, which are free, as are spam texts I forward to 7026.

Are you saying that you are automatically credited for the spam message if you forward it to "SPAM" (7726), or are you saying you bring it up with a CSR the next time you talk to them?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Yes. Except for texts from Rogers, which are free, as are spam texts I forward to 7026.

Are you saying that you are automatically credited for the spam message if you forward it to "SPAM" (7726), or are you saying you bring it up with a CSR the next time you talk to them?

Not exactly, although it has happened. I don't bother contacting Rogers concerning them anymore, just forward them to SPAM. Sometimes I get them when I turn on my phone after it's been off for a few days.  I've also received the same spam text 3 times in rapid succession, but only one appeared on my transactions.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hi @barndoor,

The current $10 Talk & Text plan comes with 50 Canadian, US and International SMS or MMS (sent and received). So a received text or picture/video message would be deducted from the 50 allotted messages as well.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

@RogersZia wrote:

Hi @barndoor,

The current $10 Talk & Text plan comes with 50 Canadian, US and International SMS or MMS (sent and received). So a received text or picture/video message would be deducted from the 50 allotted messages as well.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Thank you very much for the clarification  @RogersZia

But I do have to ask why ?  In the "pay per use rates" which, according to the fine print  apply to this plan , a received picture message is specifically "no charge "  so why is it counted in this plan as any other $.30 text ?

Good morning @barndoor,

All the plans listed include charges/overages for both sent and received messages (text, picture and video). Regular pay-per-use rates will apply if the balance in your account is too low to cover your plan’s recurring monthly service fee.

RogersZia

Yes  .... @RogersZia  you're right of course.  That was a question for management  that is never going to be answered here .  Smiley Wink