cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Pay As You Go Wireless Account Owner

w3c
I've been here awhile

My mother got her Pay As You Go phone number from a friend a few years ago.  Her friend has remained the account owner of the number.  Recently, I tried to set up auto top-up for her, but wasn't able to as it required the account owner's credit card.  Since my mom has lost contact with her friend, is there an easy way to change the account owner to me without the involvement of the original account owner? 

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change of Pay As You Go Wireless Account Owner

RogersMoin

Hello, @w3c.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Setting up the auto top-up option can be quite convenient for customers on pay by the minute plan. 

The transfer of responsibility (account ownership) can only be done by the account holder. How did you try setting up the auto top-up? Do you have access to MyRogers?

Please check out the support article on different ways of topping up the balance

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMoin

Hello, @w3c.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Setting up the auto top-up option can be quite convenient for customers on pay by the minute plan. 

The transfer of responsibility (account ownership) can only be done by the account holder. How did you try setting up the auto top-up? Do you have access to MyRogers?

Please check out the support article on different ways of topping up the balance

Cheers,

RogersMoin

w3c
I've been here awhile

Yes, I have added the Pay As You Go account to my MyRogers and then tried to set up auto top-up online.  Unfortunately, only credit cards with the Pay As You Go account owner's name and address can be registered for auto top-up.

w3c
I've been here awhile

@RogersMoin .  Thanks for your reply.  I think I'll have to keep buying vouchers.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@w3c wrote:

@RogersMoin .  Thanks for your reply.  I think I'll have to keep buying vouchers.

If the account is a legacy account, you're probably lucky you can do that. A $100 voucher will get a whole year. Once the balance is well over $100 after a year, you can call PayGo and use $100 from it to renew for another year. I have a grandfathered  legacy PayGo account and that's what I do. I just turn on my phone and take it with me when I leave the house and never use $100 worth of minutes in a year. If she doesn't use the phone at all, not even receiving spam texts, all it costs is $0.75 a month, or $9.00 for the 911 service. But even a phone with an expired account can be used for 911 calls.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation