Calling card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Calling card

With a pay as you go plan that has evening and weekends free can I use a calling card toll free number to make international calls. I had problems with magic jack doing this.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Calling card

Hello @qwrefugees,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

By using a calling card you may be billed for extra charges on top of your regular, cellular local and long distance airtime charges. Long distance calling cards can’t be used with Pay As You Go. Its also good to note that Rogers Wireless doesn't support calling cards that don’t use a local or toll free number.

Hope this helps ! 

RogersRoland

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So, if I have a pay as you go monthly plan and try to use a local calling card to call, for example, France, what would happen in terms of charges by Rogers? At the local store, I was told that this would just be charged as local minutes.

Is it possible to call internationally directly, and if so, what would the charges be (again to France) and would they be deducted from my pay as you go plan balance?

Highlighted

Hi @Paul24,

Welcome to the Community.

Any calls made to international numbers would be an additional deduction on top of your regular airtime use. In your case it's 75c per minute to call France from a Pay as You Go plan. For more information on long distance rates and add-ons please refer to our PayGo add-ons page here

If you'd like to speak to a live agent please contact our Pay As you Go helpline at 1-800-575-9090. After confirming the language, Press 4, and then Press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent.

RogersZia