A simple explanation is needed.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A simple explanation is needed.

Rogers, comparing apples to apples and by that I mean Pay As You Go type plans, how is it a company like Telstra in Australia can offer me a plan where calls are 15 cents a minute to anywhere in Australia, and even overseas to Canada and the US. Plus that plan has free incoming calls and texts. WOW!

Yet it costs 45 cents a minute for the same type of service here.

How is that? Please get back to me with a logical explanation!!!!!!!!!!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: A simple explanation is needed.

Hi @Short-Wave

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

Unfortunately we cannot comment on another carrier's pricing, especially in another country.

We appreciate your feedback.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not asking you to comment on another carrier's pricing.

I am asking you to justify Roger's pricing.

Now if another carrier can afford to provide far lower pricing in a country that is far more vast than ours and with a lower population base (an argument Canadian providers use for higher rates), why can't we?

Or is it plain old GREED?

Rogers already lost my cable TV business (what a rip off that was). What next?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Do they really need to explain anything ?  SWITCH TO A CHEAPER COMPANY then .  If you can't find one in the same country ... maybe there are regulations and taxes , etc that are different than our neighbors across the pond and it is the gov't you should be pointing the finger at  not the companies themselves . 

. Smiley LOL
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@barndoor wrote:

SWITCH TO A CHEAPER COMPANY then.

. Smiley LOL

I will switch to Speakout which is all I need for my purposes. I will use up my present Rogers Pay-Go balance.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Short-Wave wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

. Smiley LOL

I will switch to Speakout which is all I need for my purposes. I will use up my present Rogers Pay-Go balance.

Speakout certainly has cheaper rates as well as all their plans are good for a year.  It seems that Rogers does not care to compete in the prepaid market because it's just a small part of their wireless business.

I have Rogers PayGo because years ago I received a Rogers cell phone as a gift and the amount I use it would not pay to unlock it and switch or buy a new phone. It's a free market, do what suits you best.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Short-Wave wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

. Smiley LOL

And I switched  to Petro Canada  because they had a plan to suit my needs at a better pricepoint  than Rogers  would  match .    Absolutely no regrets so far.

@Short-Wave ...maybe you should switch to the Aussie company .... may be a long distance add on to their plan would make that cheaper  to use here  than any of the Canadian choices .  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Speakout certainly has cheaper rates as well as all their plans are good for a year.  It seems that Rogers does not care to compete in the prepaid market because it's just a small part of their wireless business.

The funny thing is, Speakout gets their service from Rogers.

Just as my ISP gets their from Bell. I get better faster service for less money from my ISP.  Go figure.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

If I recall correctly, Petro Canada is Rogers too.  

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BS

You are correct!. They operate on the Rogers networks.

"Petro-Canada Mobility is a Canadian mobile virtual network operator created in late 2006 by gasoline firm Petro-Canada as a competitor to other store based MVNOs like PC Mobile. Petro-Canada Mobility operates on the GSM network of Rogers Wireless."