$85/year unlimited text messaging plan - pay as you go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

$85/year unlimited text messaging plan - pay as you go

So yesterday I got the $85/year unlimited text messaging plan for my phone and I noticed that I still have to pay for each text sent. Do I have to wait before it gets activated? It shows on my account that I have that plan and I got a text saying that the payment for the prepaid plan was received. Is anyone else having this problem? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: $85/year unlimited text messaging plan - pay as you go

Hello vhuang

Have you tried calling Rogers PayGo line & see what is going on? Maybe the unlimited text message was not added properly. Usually the plan changes goes right away.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would call in, as meowmix sugested, to the pay as you go line.

There are TWO versions of that $85, one with the eve/weekend, and one with the texting.  Someone may have put on the WRONG one Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

Hi, I would like to purchase this $85/year unlimited text message plan for my high-school girl.  How can I get the sim-card and is there any activation fee.  Thanks....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello win2255

You can just got into a Rogers store & ask them for the $85/ year paygo unlimited texting plan. They will be able to give you one. From what i know you MAY need to pay a $10 sim card fee to buy the sim card.

Best thing to do, is contact Rogers either via phone or go to the store & ask them about this.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

win2255, here is the link to the package.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

So you can read up on it a bit more.  As meowmix said, you should be able to get a sim and activate it (assuming you already have a phone for it).

Just be aware, there are two versions.  One have unlimited eve and weekend talk, but NO texting (so would be charged per text), the other unlimited texting but no eve/weekends.
Other than that, it only has 100minutes for the YEAR included.  Every minute over that would be charged at 40 cents a minute.

I've Been Around

Hi all, I am a new Rogers customer who decided to go with the $85/year unlimited text messaging plan. My plan was doing ok until recently I am caught in this weird situation. (I apologize in advance if this is kinda long).

Here's what happened:

I answered ONE phone call for a duration of 1-2 minutes from a friend (who uses Telus). I checked my bill summary, Rogers charged me $8.80 for that 1-2 minute phone call. I checked my available local minutes (*611), the computerized voice told me that I still have 88 minutes remaining. (By the way, before answering that phone call, my local remaining minutes was 88min as well.) In other words, THAT 88 min did not get deducted when I answered that phone call. So, why did I get charged $8.80 for one phone call?

So, I called the Rogers Billing support number, got passed to the pay-as-you-go rep. According to the rep, I used more than 100 minutes of  local call and that I do not have any local minutes remaining.

These kinda freaked me out for the following reasons:

1.) how can that 1-2 minute of phone call be equivalent to 100 min?

2.) why does the *611 balance inquiry operator keep telling me that I still have 88 minutes left?

Then, I called my brother for 1 min. Apparently, I was charged 0.40c for that call, yet (after checking *611 again) my local min remains 88??

I feel scammed that my 1-2 min of phone call was equivalent to 100 min and that I cannot use that remaining 88 local minutes.I probably would have let it go if Rogers randomly decided to charge me 8.80 for that one phone call, but now that I CAN'T even use that 88 minutes and that I HAVE to pay $0.40/min for every phone call, this is just frustrating.

So, if anyone can tell me, how can I get this fixed? Which number should I contact? Should I visit my nearest Rogers store?

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can try the store.. but they likely can not do much other than calling in.

you would have to call the pay as you go number.

1-800-575-9090

Just spam ZERO and you will eventunally be passed to a live person.

I Plan to Stick Around

After dialing the phone number, a 4, another 4, and a one, will get you to a live person.