$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,188

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@barndoorwrote:

...method of payment ...that is what they will be looking for I expect . 


Why would they be looking at a method of payment?  With cable, internet or home phone, they look at the plan you're on when announcing changes, not whether you pay with cheque, cash, MasterCard, bank payment, voucher, etc.

 

Why would it not simply be the "Anytime" (grandfathered) plan?  Seems obvious to me?



I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 10

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@barndoorwrote:

@Alcus440wrote:

If your balance is over $100 at the time of renewal, then the following would be the default option that I am suggesting:

"preauthorise Rogers to automatically take the $100 from an existing balance"


You would trust Rogers to do that  ?   Smiley Happy

 

It  should have been automatic  and not optional  right  from the start . Smiley Wink

 

And now they have just complicated the issue with a $50/6 month voucher  that on occasion you may have to use to stay under the $150  balance  cap . 

 


I prefer to keep trust out of business transactions   Smiley Happy

I would like to see Rogers make such a payment option available on their site so I can select it. I would print a copy of my selection in case something goes wrong in 12 months.

Yes, it should have been automatic right from the start. You and I should not have had to call them to find out that such an option was available to us.

I had not heard about a $50 option. Interesting!

I don't think I would ever need it myself as I used monthly vouchers to get me to a January annual renewal date. If my balance is over $100 in January, I'll use my balance to extend another year. If my balance is under $100. Let's say $95, I'll buy a $100 voucher which would then be used up to extend another year and I'll be back down to a balance of $95 which is under their threshold of $150 so I won't loose any balance.

I think everything should be alright going forward.

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@57wrote:

 

Why would it not simply be the "Anytime" (grandfathered) plan?  Seems obvious to me?


If you routinely pay $10 a month or $120/year    other than when your balance get's to high  .... do you want to continue paying $10 a month and go on the new plan   or stay on the old one ?  If you are on the old plan and  have paid $100 every year or used $100 of balance   then why is there a  need to ask .   

i thought you said you understood  the way corporations think .  Smiley Wink 
  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,188

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@barndoorwrote:

...why is there a  need to ask .   

i thought you said you understood  the way corporations think .  Smiley Wink 


You need to ask because that is how corporations work.  Smiley Wink



I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@Alcus440wrote:

If my balance is under $100. Let's say $95, I'll buy a $100 voucher which would then be used up to extend another year and I'll be back down to a balance of $95 which is under their threshold of $150 so I won't loose any balance.

I think everything should be alright going forward.


I'm assuming you are staying on the  $100 anytime plan .... if you have a balance of $95  they likely won't let you add a $100 voucher because that will bring your balance to $195 ... I expect you would have to buy a $50 voucher for 6 months and  then  when your balance is below $50 you could add the $100 voucher . 

Of course, this is a corporation which uses a different sort of logic  ....so it would be best to call and ask them . 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 10

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@barndoorwrote:

@Alcus440wrote:

If my balance is under $100. Let's say $95, I'll buy a $100 voucher which would then be used up to extend another year and I'll be back down to a balance of $95 which is under their threshold of $150 so I won't loose any balance.

I think everything should be alright going forward.


I'm assuming you are staying on the  $100 anytime plan .... if you have a balance of $95  they likely won't let you add a $100 voucher because that will bring your balance to $195 ... I expect you would have to buy a $50 voucher for 6 months and  then  when your balance is below $50 you could add the $100 voucher . 

Of course, this is a corporation which uses a different sort of logic  ....so it would be best to call and ask them . 


Yes, I'm staying on the $100 anytime plan.

My understanding is that the $150 limit is only looked at by Rogers and corrected on Dec 31 of each year. In January when my service expires, I do not see any issue adding a $100 voucher to my account to pay for another year of service.

If you are right and I run into a problem, I'll call them and ask for assistance.

 

 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

@Alcus440 .. my blunder ...  I suggested they would want you to buy a $50 voucher  in the $95 scenario . Instead  I expect they will send you an offer to use $50 of that $95  to renew for 6 months thus dropping  your balance to $45 where you can ad the $100 with no problem .  At least that was the jist of the offer they emailed to me . 

At least if you know it is a possibility  that it could cause an issue  you can be prepared ... Enough to tick people off if you get to renewal date and they won't take your voucher because it puts you over the cap .  

Glad to hear you got to stay on the plan with no other  complications. Smiley LOL

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 8

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

Very useful info!   Did not realize $100 was being discontinued.  Also called Rogers and because I am long term customer I will also get the top up for $100.   This is no longer available for new customers.   I will also be migrating to a new smartphone so that I don't lose my balance.   Thank you!

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 707

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?


@blackiewrote:

   I will also be migrating to a new smartphone so that I don't lose my balance.   Thank you!


Thanks for the update on how it went for you.   When you say migrating ...does  that mean you are getting a hardware upgrade  to use some of your balance ?

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 8

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

Yes I do - maybe that is the wrong term?    I purchased an unlocked phone from Best Buy and Rogers will transfer my Sim card from my old phone to the new one since I still have a balance.

Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 6007 views
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation