$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

If your balance is over $100 at the time of renewal, then the following would be the default option that I am suggesting:

"preauthorise Rogers to automatically take the $100 from an existing balance"

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Alcus440wrote:

If your balance is over $100 at the time of renewal, then the following would be the default option that I am suggesting:

"preauthorise Rogers to automatically take the $100 from an existing balance"

You would trust Rogers to do that  ?   Smiley Happy

It  should have been automatic  and not optional  right  from the start . Smiley Wink

And now they have just complicated the issue with a $50/6 month voucher  that on occasion you may have to use to stay under the $150  balance  cap . 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well...  I thought the problem was solved when a Rogers person told me that she would use $1000 of our balance to extend out pay as you go phone another year to January 2019.   Then at the beginning of Feb, a Rogers message appeared thanking me for making my $10 monthly payment for talk and text.   I quickly texted back that I don’t have such a plan and promptly put that behind me.  But when I received the same message taking another $10 off my balance in March, I had enough and called Rogers.   She apologized and reversed the two charges.  BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING JUST NOT RIGHT.  I HAVE TO KEEP CONTACTING THEM.  THIS IS SO IRRITATING THAT YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED, BUT IT NEVER IS!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry...I meant $100 not $1000.  I have wasted so much time on the phone and here that, if they haven’t got it right this time, I’m done.  There are other providers my kids use that can and do get it right.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shagedorn :

This issue was discussed in the following thread (item 3, as well as several other threads in this PAYGo forum):

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-As-You-Go-plan-changes/m-p/413623#M2018

If you didn't call Rogers specifically and ask them to be kept on the Anytime plan, you were automatically migrated to the new Talk/Text plan.  You should have received a text regarding this late last year, however, if you leave your phone off for days at a time, you may have missed it. Now that you have called them your issue should be resolved.  

A couple of tips.

1. When Rogers, and many other corporations, send texts or e-mails, the "reply" often goes to a "mailbox" that is not read, so replying to a text or e-mail often goes "unheard".

2. It is possible to edit your posts using the "options" dropdown menu (cog) at the top right of each of your posts.

@57wrote:

@Shagedorn :

This issue was discussed in the following thread (item 3, as well as several other threads in this PAYGo forum):

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-As-You-Go-plan-changes/m-p/413623#M2018

If you didn't call Rogers and ask them to be kept on the Anytime plan, you were automatically migrated to the new Talk/Text plan.  You should have received a text regarding this late last year, however, if you leave your phone off for days at a time, you may have missed it. Now that you have called them the your issue should be resolved.  

A couple of tips.

1. When Rogers, and many other corporations, send texts or e-mails, the "reply" often goes to a "mailbox" that is not read, so replying to a text or e-mail often goes "unheard".

2. It is possible to edit your posts using the "options" dropdown menu (cog) at the top right of each of your posts.

A little impatient are we ? Smiley Wink

If you  had read this thread you would know that this is not from lack of knowledge on Shagedorn's part. it is a ROGERS glitch . 

You sound like SO much like a Rogers employee ...how can you not be one ? Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoorwrote:

A little impatient are we ? Smiley Wink

If you  had read this thread you would know that this is not from lack of knowledge on Shagedorn's part. it is a ROGERS glitch . 

You sound like SO much like a Rogers employee ...how can you not be one ? Smiley Sad

I read @Shagedorn 's previous posts and I'm not sure he knew about the "auto switch" to Talk/Text in February/March. He mentioned calling to use $100 in December, but not to stay on the grandfathered AnyTime plan that I could see, unless I missed that.  If he knew about the "Auto-switch to Talk/Text", then I believe his post would have been worded differently.  Perhaps he thought that by using the $100 he would be staying on Anytime, but that's not the case unless you specifically ask to stay.

I am not a Rogers employee, but I do know how corporations work. 

@57wrote:

Perhaps he thought that by using the $100 he would be staying on Anytime, but that's not the case unless you specifically ask to stay.

Actually it is  ... @Shagedorn as per his/her posts has been on the $100 /year plan for some time  .... as has been stated before, those particular plan holders are not supposed to need to notify Rogers that they want to stay on that plan  .Hence the reason that people like  @OLDYELLR  and myself received no notice of the need to grandfather.    Only people like yourself, @57 who paid using the $10 month option were supposed to have to call in  to stay on the plan .  As usual though , this seems to be another situation where half the staff do it one way and half the other . Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoorwrote:

.... as has been stated before, those particular plan holders are not supposed to need to notify Rogers that they want to stay on that plan  .Hence the reason that people like  @OLDYELLR  and myself received no notice of the need to grandfather.    Only people like yourself, @57 who paid using the $10 month option were supposed to have to call in  to stay on the plan .   Smiley Sad

The way I've been reading the forum posts and the communications from Rogers, it is anyone who's on the AnyTime grandfathered plan that needs (needed?) to advise Rogers that they wished to stay on that plan and not be automatically migrated to Talk/Text. It doesn't matter how you pay for the AnyTime plan, if you're on it, you will be migrated unless you notify (by phone call).  I guess I've been reading it differently from you...

As you know, I've also used the $100 (one year suspension of payments from my balance) option several times, so I'm not always paying $10/mo.

Hey  @57  .. why don't you call in and ask  .... staff generally  won't answer questions  here so how be we  pester the  paygo  CSR's and  find out the answers . Smiley Wink

The CSR I talked to  explained it to me as I stated in the previous post  ....@57  see what they tell you . Your method of payment other than using balance was  mainly $10 a month was it not ...that is what they will be looking for I expect . 

Anyone else  wanna call and see what you're told  ? 

Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation