$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR , @57 ,   just curious do both of you top up your Anytime plan with $10 a month ? Did either of you get notice that you would be switched to the  $10  a month flat rate plan  in March  ?   

Yes I use $10/month Auto-Top-Up and as soon as my balance gets to around $200, I pay $100 out of that balance to keep my phone operational for the next year and then Auto-Top-Up restarts at the end of the year.  With the maximum at the end of the year being $150, I will change my strategy to pay $100 when my balance reaches $150.

I didn't get any notice because notice was sent out by text and texts "disappear" after three days if you have your phone turned off.  I usually have my phone turned off.  For additional information see my previous posts on these topics:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-As-You-Go-plan-changes/m-p/414003#M2101

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-As-You-Go-plan-changes/m-p/413623#M2018

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your reply OLDYELLR. Much appreciated!

I've been doing some reading and decided to call 1-800-575-9090 this morning but I was not even able to figure out what choice to make to speak with someone. If anyone knows, your assistance would be appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Alcus440 wrote:

Thank you for your reply OLDYELLR. Much appreciated!

I've been doing some reading and decided to call 1-800-575-9090 this morning but I was not even able to figure out what choice to make to speak with someone. If anyone knows, your assistance would be appreciated.

Option 4, Option 4, Option 1.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you again.

That works great. On the line with them now on hold. Will update on results.

I have a balance of over $330 and I am fully paid up until Jan 20, 2019 with no ability to reduce my balance before the end of December 2018. If their text message had offered the option discussed in these forums, I would have opted to have $100 taken from my account but I did not know about that option when I renewed in January.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Okay ... I broke down this morning and called in to see if I was going to get notice of this  ....not to get grandfathered . 

What I learned was if you are on the plan like @OLDYELLR and I are on and just pay the $100 a year we will not be notified and we will not be changed so supposedly don't need to call in to be grandfathered .   

IF you are like @57 and are paying $10 a month you will be notified (which 57 likely missed due to sporadic  use ) and automatically changed to the flat rate $10 plan if you don't call and request to stay on that plan .  

I hope that helps some one  ....it made sense to me . 

I do have to ask though @57... why do you pay monthly and $120 /year for a plan that you could get cheaper for a single payment of $100 /year .  Even with the now terminated 10% auto top up discount  you would have  been  paying over $100 per year for  your phone time .

I also  just wanted to take a moment to thank the Rogers staff here for helping us to get to the bottom of this when their help was asked for in a number of posts.  Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote: 

I do have to ask though @57... why do you pay monthly and $120 /year for a plan that you could get cheaper for a single payment of $100 /year .  Even with the now terminated 10% auto top up discount  you would have  been  paying over $100 per year for  your phone time .

I was not aware of the $100 per year single payment (coupon) option until around the same time as I became aware of the $100 "suspend payments" option around 2013-2014, so I've used that three times since then.  As you mention, I also had the 10% bonus with Auto-Top-Up for several years when I was making payments, so there was not much difference in price for the year (overall over the years). 

With things going smoothly, I didn't think it worthwhile to possibly mess things up by changing my approach. Also, with the $100 single payment (coupon), I was concerned that I would lose my balance if I didn't start paying again in time, which doesn't happen with the Auto-Top-Up option which "guarantees" that I never lose my balance.  It just wasn't worth the risk for a small reward of perhaps $10/year difference.  Another word - inertia. Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

... $100 per year single payment (coupon) option ... 

Wouldn't it be nice if you could preauthorise Rogers to automatically take the $100 from an existing balance or take $100 from your credit card on the anniversary date and remove the stress we all feel as the anniversary approaches of locating a voucher... Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about our balance disappearing anymore?

Food for thought Rogers!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Will post the update under New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance
I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

Okay ... I broke down this morning and called in to see if I was going to get notice of this  ....not to get grandfathered . 

What I learned was if you are on the plan like @OLDYELLR and I are on and just pay the $100 a year we will not be notified and we will not be changed so supposedly don't need to call in to be grandfathered .

I was not told that it was automatic when I called, but the CSR did say Rogers will grandfather me and agreed the plan is a good deal. But perhaps I didn't get a text or email because it would be automatic.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Alcus440 wrote:

... $100 per year single payment (coupon) option ... 

Wouldn't it be nice if you could preauthorise Rogers to automatically take the $100 from an existing balance or take $100 from your credit card on the anniversary date and remove the stress we all feel as the anniversary approaches of locating a voucher... Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about our balance disappearing anymore?

Food for thought Rogers!!!

It would be if you used close to $100 air time in a year, but if you used a lot less, like me, then automatic yearly renewal would quickly raise you balance and  you'd lose anything over the $130 cap.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation