$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

Petro Canada sells the $100 voucher.  They just print out of the machine.  

That's how I've buying mine for the last couple of years.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

fiona59 wrote:

Petro Canada sells the $100 voucher.  They just print out of the machine.  

That's how I've buying mine for the last couple of years.

Do you mean Petro Canada sells Rogers vouchers   as well as their own ? I know you can buy the Rogers vouchers  at lots of variety stores, it just seems to be  Rogers stores that don't carry them .  Smiley Wink

I know I just topped up my Petro Canada account with one of their $100 vouchers and they gave a 10% bonus ...like Rogers used to do.  Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, the Petro Cans sell Rogers, Fido, all the phone vouchers. Same counter as the lottery tickets.
I'm a Senior Advisor

And Petro Canada still has Anytime minutes with 100 dollar topups, that carry over as long as you renew before the end of 365.00  Rates are also somewhat lower in some areas too.

PetroCanada has auto topup - and no expiry cap on minutes over time = runs on Rogers wireless towers.

Each time Rogers makes a change in plans, it forces me to consider the full options available from them and other suppliers.  They take customers who are happy with their plans, no intentions of considering any moves, and then in this case communicate poorly, infuriate or confuse many customers, and place them into a situation of having to first understand the changes, then negotiate an option, when it also opens the door to say, "of forget it, I am moving on", but then again, maybe they actually want us using lower end services to move on.

Bruce

Bruce

BS wrote:

......, but then again, maybe they actually want us using lower end services to move on.

Bruce

Bruce

I  have given up  trying to figure it out Bruce ...... it's just the Rogers way  .On one hand it seems amongst other things , they  don't seem to want to even sell their own vouchers , and apparently can't even provide a staff person here  qualified to answer paygo  questions  yet when someone complains  about loosing their balance they start handing out a free year of service ...or preferentially priced post paid plans .

A word of caution with the Petro  Canada  plans ... the texting  , at least on the economy plan that I have,  does not support picture messages .... so if you are switching be sure you check that out if it may make a difference to you . I do  love the  100  Canada Wide minutes though ....with non of the erratic long distance I was paying for here. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

A word of caution with the Petro  Canada  plans ... the texting  , at least on the economy plan that I have,  does not support picture messages .... so if you are switching be sure you check that out if it may make a difference to you . I do  love the  100  Canada Wide minutes though ....with non of the erratic long distance I was paying for here. 

My grandfathered anytime plan does not either. I have to turn data on and pay for it to get the picture. With my old Nokia 2610 the text include a URL for the picture and I could get it for free with my computer. Another backwards step to coax people to use data or upgrade to a moreexpensive plan.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the clarification @barndoor and @OLDYELLR on MMS.  I don't use the feature much, and my wife who has data on her current post paid plan keeps her data turned off and turns it one if she really wants to send a picture.

For me, it is so rare that I send pictures , or even send texts for that matter, or receive them, that I think I will be ok.  Petro Canada is one of the options I am considering.  I had originally been planning to just switch to a Rogers pay as you go, but I am having serious second thoughts as I read all this and look at the plans.

They don't really meet my needs of phone use where I am taking things.  The tablet with non shared data is looking very interesting to me as a possible options.  A lot of thoughts about direction, all driven by changes by Rogers.

That is what makes me wonder if they really want me as a customer, because I was already pretty low end in my price/service bundles for all services (4 altogether), and I am taking them lower again.

I will keep watching these discusions and announcements closely, and search the alternative providers too, as well as completely different mixes of technology.  None of these are "needs" for me, other than a low end emergency phone due to my disability when I leave the house, and I do prefer a home phone, but everything is on the taable, but at least it is becoming more clear just where rogers wants to take customers, in general, and it is not really where I want to go.

Thanks for the details and all the information all of you.

Bruce

BS wrote: 

That is what makes me wonder if they really want me as a customer, because I was already pretty low end in my price/service bundles for all services (4 altogether), and I am taking them lower again.

I would suggest that you need to take FAR MORE of a " not what I can do for you but what you can do for me " attitude . Smiley Wink

The best way to deal with profit focused  companies and maintain your sanity  . Smiley LOL

@OLDYELLR , @57 ,   just curious do both of you top up your Anytime plan with $10 a month ? Did either of you get notice that you would be switched to the  $10  a month flat rate plan  in March  ?  I believe you both posted here that you have called in and asked that your  plans be continued as is ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR , @57 ,   just curious do both of you top up your Anytime plan with $10 a month ? Did either of you get notice that you would be switched to the  $10  a month flat rate plan  in March  ?  I believe you both posted here that you have called in and asked that your  plans be continued as is ?

I started topping up at $100 each year many years ago when I learned about the $100 vouchers by word of mouth.  I started out with the $25/month vouchers. I only learned about the switch to $10/month in March on this board and called to get grandfathered. But I did receive a text about the $150 cap after I read about it here.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation