$100 voucher discontinued?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: $100 voucher discontinued?

barndoor wrote:

BS wrote:

Sounds like Rogers has decided to gradually keep the grandfathered plans in place and let people bring their balance down slowly, 100.00 per year based upon the past post.

Which post suggests that to you  @BS.... 

Is this not the beginning of the end for the grandfathered plans ?  I would wager that in three years from now they will all be gone ... 

It was actually  the "let people bring their balance down slowly,100.00 per year based upon the past post."  that I was most curious to find out about.  Which post  suggested  that they were doing this ?

I don't think Rogers has decided any such thing ...I seems to me  it is individual staff  are trying to appease  annoyed individuals  with an offer that will  reduce the noise so the process of reducing old plan liability can carry on . 

Just business . Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

In Dec.,  I added $100 to my account primarily to move the expiry date ahead for another year. I also want to have sufficient balance should I have to make extended emergency long distance calls. So at present my balance is about $450 and as I have a text plan that deducts about $6.00 monthly, by the end of the year my balance should be in excess of $350. However, about 2 weeks ago I received this text from Rogers:

Johnny99 wrote:

Read through  this thread

New Pay As You Go Maximum Balance

and you should find the answers you are looking for . 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Johnny99 wrote:

In Dec.,  I added $100 to my account primarily to move the expiry date ahead for another year. I also want to have sufficient balance should I have to make extended emergency long distance calls. So at present my balance is about $450

Again, I draw your attention to the fact that Rogers allows you to draw $100 from your unused balance to renew, if you call in.  Unfortunately, this is undocumented on the website and there is no way to do it on line. All Rogers had to do was to publicize this a lot better and make it an option when pressing TOP UP NOW and this high balance situation would not have developed. I only found out that could be done when Rogers sent me a letter years ago when I had a balance over $200.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I was given the option of withdrawing $100 to extend the expiry date by a year when I added the $100 in Dec 2017. To me, it didn't make sense paying $100 to extend the time but gaining nothing else. And it would have decreased my balance to less than $250. (I wanted a fairly substantial balance for emergency long distance calls). At that time, there was no mention of a maximum balance restriction of $150.

Johnny99 wrote:

I was given the option of withdrawing $100 to extend the expiry date by a year when I added the $100 in Dec 2017. To me, it didn't make sense paying $100 to extend the time but gaining nothing else. And it would have decreased my balance to less than $250. (I wanted a fairly substantial balance for emergency long distance calls). At that time, there was no mention of a maximum balance restriction of $150.

Seems you were right  not to extend using $100 of balance ... Who knew Rogers would actually  reimburse that balance  for the cash value.

Just wanted to suggest though that if you are not up to the fight with Rogers to insist on getting a cash settlement using money from your balance is still the most cost effective way to renew . 

If you get to the end of 2018 it would likely be money in your pocket to use balance to even  renew early  if they are going to take your balance anyway . Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Yesterday I submitted my concerns via email to the President's Office so I will see what response, if any, I receive. We have been Rogers customers for over 25 years but that could be coming to an end.

I Plan to Stick Around

$100 top up option is still available.

Picked up a $100 pay as you go top up card at Walmart a week ago. Just used it to top up my balance using the 12 digit code as I have done for many years now using my cell phone. No problem at all. The balance now expires in 2019.

Tip - If you keep that card from Walmart, instead of throwing it out, you can give it to the cashier at Walmart over and over again. You don't need a new one each time as they are identical. I mention this as the $100 ones are sometimes hard to find in the store. They are often only stacked in one rack while the $20 cards are in all the racks. I've reused mine for the last three years   Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's good to know. The $100 vouchers are not easy to find. One caution, if you use less than your balance each year, it rolls over. Once you have over $100 balance and need to renew, you should call 1-800-575-9090 and ask to draw from your balance. At the end of 2018 balances will be capped at $150 and you will lose the rest. Also, call to ensure your talk anytime plan gets grandfathered, or it will get switched to a $10/month plan in March.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 12 in conversation