$100 option | insufficent funds?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: $100 option | insufficent funds?

One of the things that stands out in the last years financial reports is that there is a lot of comment about reduced expected incomes due to CRTC ruling on wholesale costs to 3rd party Internet companies, right down last year on IPTV service model developed in house, continued falling customer base in cable and home phone.

And the speak to that issue through increased revenues from new bundles, and various other services.

Take that out of accounting speak and what it means to us is we pay more for the new bundle mixes, and the lower ones are being mareketed out, leaving primarily higher cost bundle services and individual services - i.e., we see higher than inflation increases in order to maintain profits that couldn't be achieved without these increases and drop of lower price offerings when they are losing money left and right due to market changes, CRTC rulings, and some just plain unexpected failures in implementation.

So we lower end users pay more in because they actually want us off all the low end services, and if we stay, we have to pay more to make up for the fact we don't create that much revenue relative to the higher end packages and the big spenders - nothing against big spenders and people who are addicted to their phones, big TV's, expensive speciality packages and so forth, but ultimately, we are seeing large increases across the board because they are not increasing their customer base much in any area, and bleeding customers still on other services.  That is why we see a lot of talk about continued increases in revenues through ... and moving customers to higher value higher revenue producing services.  So us on the bottom, end up paying more, and those on the top are getting more services (whether they really need it or not, as long as they think they do, they will keep buying it no matter the price), so we all see higher prices, but us on the lower end, just see increases, and not really any improvement in services.

Maybe time to do some recovery work on the Camero instead of phones, TV, Internet and the like. Smiley Happy  

When it comes down to it, in most sectors of the economy, we have seen reductions in price, with improvements in some areas, while in some areas, we get lesser quality products and services, for less money (big box and online models), and in some cases we get less and pay more.  For me, the key is to be an educated consumer, and know what you really want and what you want to spend before you even start talking - that way you can cut through all the marketing fluff (but it is only 20.00 more per month and look how much more you are getting, or you are the first person I have ever heard say they want a lower speed Internet, or why wouldn't you want Roam like home, no risk of excessive roaming, etc).

I have learned to not get mad, get smart instead with clearly in mind, I can always walk - I can live without most of my home and cell service mix when it comes down to it.

I enjoy the banter around this whole question of pricing, choice, and what is marketed.  I get more knowledgable with each interaction, and help others learn to, and get to have a good laugh while we are at it.

Bruce

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: $100 option | insufficent funds?

@BS wrote:

So we lower end users pay more in because they actually want us off all the low end services, and if we stay, we have to pay more to make up for the fact we don't create that much revenue relative to the higher end packages and the big spenders - nothing against big spenders and people who are addicted to their phones, big TV's, expensive speciality packages and so forth, but ultimately, we are seeing large increases across the board because they are not increasing their customer base much in any area, and bleeding customers still on other services.  That is why we see a lot of talk about continued increases in revenues through ... and moving customers to higher value higher revenue producing services.  So us on the bottom, end up paying more, and those on the top are getting more services (whether they really need it or not, as long as they think they do, they will keep buying it no matter the price), so we all see higher prices, but us on the lower end, just see increases, and not really any improvement in services.

ABsolutely !!!  I think you hit the nail on the head and this explains so much of why things happen the way they do around here !!