1 year unlimited for $180

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

Do you have a credit card on file with Rogers? Maybe it will get charged to that.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Emil1 : You sign into MyRogers and Top up your balance so that it isn't zero.  You put a credit card in your "MyRogers PAYGo" account settings and top up as much as you want.  You can also do "auto-top-up", but I'm not sure if that works for this type of account.  Auto-top-up usually comes into play when your balance reaches a certain amount (say $1, which you can set) and you can also set the amount of top-up.

If your balance is zero and you try to do something not covered, you will likely not be able to do that thing.  If you don't like doing things on line (MyRogers), you give them a call at 1-800-575-9090, option 4, option 4, option 1.  Be aware that this may cost you $2 if you are simply adding money.

I've Been Here Awhile

@barndoor wrote:

I think Tony confirmed in message 4 here that picture messages in Canada were included.   I think that is one of the Rogers selling points on most of their plans .  I have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS .  So, wise to be looking at the finer  points before jumping ship .

Hi:  You mentioned the post above from January that you "have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS "

I was just curious about what the plan was and with who?   The Rogers 1 Year Unlimited works ok for one of my kids, but one of my younger ones is asking for a texting plan and I can't quite justify spending the amount of $180 because she is with me or at school for the most part, but there are times it would come in handy for safety purposes/peace of mind.

Thank you.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jskw wrote:

Hi:  You mentioned the post above from January that you "have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS "

I was just curious about what the plan was and with who?   The Rogers 1 Year Unlimited works ok for one of my kids, but one of my younger ones is asking for a texting plan and I can't quite justify spending the amount of $180 because she is with me or at school for the most part, but there are times it would come in handy for safety purposes/peace of mind.

Thank you.

Sorry ...but the plan I was referring  to won't be any cheaper for what you are looking for . It was cheaper for me because it gave me 100 canada wide minutes a month in addition to the texting  and Rogers had started hitting me with a bunch of long distance  charges ....so the petro canada plan that I switched  to was cheaper for me but still $15 a month . 

I think petro canada and speakout still have "anytime" plans  that  might suit your needs for $100 a year ....all depends on how much she uses her phone.  Its too bad Rogers did away with theirs . It would have been perfect for you likely, especially with a texting add on  which gets you cheaper texts and free incoming. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats