1 year unlimited for $180

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

@Bernard64 wrote:

That's what happened to me,.... and that I find so redundant!!! They do not allow you to make one payment of $180.00 all in one payment! They make you pay $100 + $40 + $40 plus the taxes. (the same as the other PAYG plans) This happened to me even when I called a SCR....and even then they wanted to charge me a fee for calling to pay. There is nothing in the Rogers PAYG page that explains this and people have been confused for a long time,....the same as me!!!

I wish they would read these pages and make the change!!

That $180 plan was originally as a $100 plan. Quite a jump in price. I originally switched to it from my legacy $100/year talk anytime plan which carries a balance that can be drawn from to renew, but immediately realized it wasn't a good deal for me and called back to renew my original plan instead. Fortunately I was able to do that. Now my talk anytime plan with a balance is grandfathered. If what Rogers offers today is not economical for how you use your phone, there are cheaper alternatives like 7-11 Speakout. It now costs nothing to unlock your phone.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Emil1 wrote:

Pay as you go $180 plan

Does not this plan international text messages ? I tried one simple text messages to US and does not go.

You have to read the fine print VERY carefully when dealing with  companies like Rogers.  No they are not included in that plan. 

@Emil1 wrote:

I just got an $180 pay as you go plan. When verified the balance whit *225 got 0 (zero).

How can I use my phone whit balance 0?

I paid whit my Rogers Bank credit card ($180) and came back $113 and $45.2 and $45.2. What are they?

You have to add extra  money to carry a balance for what the plan does not cover.  According to info referred to by Rogers Maude  on another  thread ... if you are gong to use the phone for "extras" then you could add another $100  voucher and that would get you a balance that would last a year .

The Rogers computer isn't real bright .... the debits from your credit card are for standard  Rogers vouchers that add up to $180 plus the necessary HST.  Smiley Wink

@57 wrote:

You may top up your account through IVR, online or on your device. If you top up through the call center, a $2 fee will apply.

It is a little ironic though isn't it  that  when you call in to renew  your anytime plan using $100 of your balance  they don't charge the $2 ?  Maybe when there is customer confusion and inconvenience involved such as the case described here , Rogers  should forgo the $2 charge  .... that is, if they really do provide good customer service .  Smiley Wink 

I'm Here A Lot

What am I getting for paying $180 for a Pay as you go yearly plan? Can I texting from Canada to US?

Why is the $180 divided in 3 parts on my credit card?

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's all here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

Payment is probably in 3 parts because  $100 may be the maximum online transaction for PayGo.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@Emil1 wrote:

Can I texting from Canada to US?

Yes ...but the cost is  not included in your plan  so you can't unless  to run a balance in addition to your plan.  Cheapest  would be $100 for the year ....next would be $10 a month . 

@Emil1 wrote:

Why is the $180 divided in 3 parts on my credit card?

It would seem that the Rogers computer  only accepts payment in increments matching Rogers Paygo  Vouchers which are available in 10,20,30,40 and 100 dollar values  .... therefore to get to $180 you had to purchase a $100 and two $40  values .... whether it makes sense or not . 

I'm Here A Lot

Checking my balance (*225) shows zero. Why? So how will I pay for additional over 50 minutes local call,long distance calls,international calls
international text messages?
Thanks
I'm Here A Lot

Then how I pay for Texting from Canada to US or Europe,when my balance (*225) show me zero?
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats