1 year unlimited for $180

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

Is this still the case? Unlimited text, video and picture?

I'm a Senior Advisor

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

How do you top up $180 at once on the Rogers website?

The max amount on the drop down list is $100? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@cp7 wrote:

How do you top up $180 at once on the Rogers website?

The max amount on the drop down list is $100? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

One $100 and two $40's .  

I've Been Around

Am looking to get this plan for my teen, but am curious about a couple of things:

- RogersLaura says that you can send Canadian text, picture and video messages, but then references wi-fi and mobile data. Based on the links provided, it seems like you can send pictures and videos on the Rogers network without incurring data, but you will need the data 'turned on' when trying to do so outside a wifi zone. Is this correct? The mobile data can be turned on and used to send/receive MMS without incurring charges?

- Promotional texts that are received come with an extra charge. How can we avoid receiving these? Is that something we can control? Not familiar with what these are, but am wary of having to pay extra for messages that we don't solicit. Also wondering if this includes alerts that are sent out by the province (i.e. Amber Alerts, extreme weather). Surely those would not incur a charge.

Thanks in advance!

@RogersLaura wrote:

Season's greetings @barndoor and to the rest of the Rogers Community! I hope this message find you all in good spirits!

As per the post from RogersTony found HERE, I can confirm that the Talk & Text Pay As You Go Plans do allow users to send Canadian/U.S. and international text, picture and video messages as long as you have a compatible device. When Wi-Fi is unavailable, it's important to ensure your mobile data is turned ON in your device settings in order for this service to work properly. 

Please be advised that the following message types are NOT included in the plan and will be charged at applicable rates if used:

-Sent/received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions)

-Sent international texts/picture/video messages

-Sent/received text/picture/video/IM/email (as applicable) while roaming 

I'm also including some helpful links below for your reference:

How to send a picture or video from your Android phone

Rogers MMS Settings

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!! ☃️

RogersLaura

Hello, @T-Fluke.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for your interest in the $180/year plan. There are quite a few users in this thread, using this plan who have confirmed Canadian SMS and MMS are included. For MMS to work, the device has to be compatible, and the data must be turned on.

As for Premium texts, it is an option used to purchase messaging programs or subscribe to them, provided by third-party content providers at premium rates. These programs are initiated through five or six-digit numbers, known as shortcodes. Shortcodes are similar to a telephone number and are used to route text messages from mobile phones to interactive mobile messaging applications. 

Premium programs are advertised in all types of media including television, radio, newspapers, magazines and the Internet.

Most common premium programs:

• Alerts and tips, i.e. weather alerts, sports score alerts, daily jokes, horoscopes, dating tips;
  • Purchasing of content, i.e. games & game credits, ringtones, wallpaper, screensavers;
  • Chat services;
  • Interactive voting during TV shows and/or radio shows.

So basically if you don't subscribe to similar premium programs listed above you should not incur charges for premium texts. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@T-Fluke wrote:

....wondering if this includes alerts that are sent out by the province (i.e. Amber Alerts, extreme weather). Surely those would not incur a charge.

Emergency alerts like Amber alerts do not cost anything since they are not sent to specific phone numbers. To learn more about them, please see the following website:

https://www.alertready.ca/

Read the FAQ on Cost/Privacy, as well as any other areas of interest.

I've Been Here Awhile

How much data do I get for tethering?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@moi7 You get zero data. If you want data, you'll need to subscribe to a data add-on:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons

Click on the Add-ons tab.

Here's whats included in the $180.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. Is there a one year plan for data only ?