cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 year unlimited for $180

melina12
I've been around

Get 1-year of unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting for just $180.*  In the unlimited texting does that include video and picture or do you have to pay extra?  If its extra how much more is it?  Thanks

***Edited Labels***

96 REPLIES 96

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@57 wrote:

You may top up your account through IVR, online or on your device. If you top up through the call center, a $2 fee will apply.

It is a little ironic though isn't it  that  when you call in to renew  your anytime plan using $100 of your balance  they don't charge the $2 ?  Maybe when there is customer confusion and inconvenience involved such as the case described here , Rogers  should forgo the $2 charge  .... that is, if they really do provide good customer service .  Smiley Wink 

What am I getting for paying $180 for a Pay as you go yearly plan? Can I texting from Canada to US?

Why is the $180 divided in 3 parts on my credit card?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It's all here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_promotions_monthlydiscount

Payment is probably in 3 parts because  $100 may be the maximum online transaction for PayGo.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor

@Emil1 wrote:

Can I texting from Canada to US?

Yes ...but the cost is  not included in your plan  so you can't unless  to run a balance in addition to your plan.  Cheapest  would be $100 for the year ....next would be $10 a month . 

barndoor

@Emil1 wrote:

Why is the $180 divided in 3 parts on my credit card?

It would seem that the Rogers computer  only accepts payment in increments matching Rogers Paygo  Vouchers which are available in 10,20,30,40 and 100 dollar values  .... therefore to get to $180 you had to purchase a $100 and two $40  values .... whether it makes sense or not . 

Checking my balance (*225) shows zero. Why? So how will I pay for additional over 50 minutes local call,long distance calls,international calls
international text messages?
Thanks

Then how I pay for Texting from Canada to US or Europe,when my balance (*225) show me zero?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Do you have a credit card on file with Rogers? Maybe it will get charged to that.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Emil1 : You sign into MyRogers and Top up your balance so that it isn't zero.  You put a credit card in your "MyRogers PAYGo" account settings and top up as much as you want.  You can also do "auto-top-up", but I'm not sure if that works for this type of account.  Auto-top-up usually comes into play when your balance reaches a certain amount (say $1, which you can set) and you can also set the amount of top-up.

If your balance is zero and you try to do something not covered, you will likely not be able to do that thing.  If you don't like doing things on line (MyRogers), you give them a call at 1-800-575-9090, option 4, option 4, option 1.  Be aware that this may cost you $2 if you are simply adding money.

jskw
I've been here awhile

@barndoor wrote:

I think Tony confirmed in message 4 here that picture messages in Canada were included.   I think that is one of the Rogers selling points on most of their plans .  I have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS .  So, wise to be looking at the finer  points before jumping ship .

Hi:  You mentioned the post above from January that you "have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS "

I was just curious about what the plan was and with who?   The Rogers 1 Year Unlimited works ok for one of my kids, but one of my younger ones is asking for a texting plan and I can't quite justify spending the amount of $180 because she is with me or at school for the most part, but there are times it would come in handy for safety purposes/peace of mind.

Thank you.

barndoor

@jskw wrote:

Hi:  You mentioned the post above from January that you "have a somewhat similar plan with another company ,it's significantly  cheaper for my situation  but no MMS "

I was just curious about what the plan was and with who?   The Rogers 1 Year Unlimited works ok for one of my kids, but one of my younger ones is asking for a texting plan and I can't quite justify spending the amount of $180 because she is with me or at school for the most part, but there are times it would come in handy for safety purposes/peace of mind.

Thank you.

Sorry ...but the plan I was referring  to won't be any cheaper for what you are looking for . It was cheaper for me because it gave me 100 canada wide minutes a month in addition to the texting  and Rogers had started hitting me with a bunch of long distance  charges ....so the petro canada plan that I switched  to was cheaper for me but still $15 a month . 

I think petro canada and speakout still have "anytime" plans  that  might suit your needs for $100 a year ....all depends on how much she uses her phone.  Its too bad Rogers did away with theirs . It would have been perfect for you likely, especially with a texting add on  which gets you cheaper texts and free incoming. 

jskw
I've been here awhile

Thank you!

Snazarella
I've been here awhile
My teen has been on this plan for 2 years. He can not receive MMS or pictures on his phone. His phone is a Google pixel XL, so it is more than capable of receiving them, but his plan has never allowed it.

As the package does not include data,....receiving or sending graphics without WiFi is not possible.

My daughter has also been using this for over 2 years and has agreed to my assumption being correct. We still find the package very reasonable and effective.

I hope this helps?

@Snazarella wrote:
My teen has been on this plan for 2 years. He can not receive MMS or pictures on his phone. His phone is a Google pixel XL, so it is more than capable of receiving them, but his plan has never allowed it.

Snazarella
I've been here awhile

So MMS and photo and video texting is included in the plan. I keep forgetting that and it keeps "disappearing" from his plan. This conversation reminded me that this has happened before. A simple phone call and they "reset things on their end" and it all works again.

Whatever. We are switching him to Public Mobile with our plans at the end of the year when his plan runs out.

barndoor

@Bernard64 wrote:

As the package does not include data,....receiving or sending graphics without WiFi is not possible.

My daughter has also been using this for over 2 years and has agreed to my assumption being correct. We still find the package very reasonable and effective.

I hope this helps?

@Snazarella wrote:

Perhaps the Rogers employee that "liked"  this would elaborate ??

As @Snazarella has confirmed you do NOT need  data for domestically  sent pic messages .  We have been through this before . 

This is the fine print for the $180 plan which states .  ". Compatible device required. Sent/received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions), sent international texts/picture/video messages and sent/received text/picture/video/IM/email (as applicable) while roaming not included and charged at applicable rates."

It says nothing about domestically sent picture messages NOT being included.  With the regular paygo there has always been a 50 cent charge for sending a pic message but no mention of it being for data . 

If your  daughter can't send pic messages on that plan with a Rogers  phone I'd be calling in and asking what is going on . Smiley Wink

Season's greetings @barndoor and to the rest of the Rogers Community! I hope this message find you all in good spirits!

As per the post from RogersTony found HERE, I can confirm that the Talk & Text Pay As You Go Plans do allow users to send Canadian/U.S. and international text, picture and video messages as long as you have a compatible device. When Wi-Fi is unavailable, it's important to ensure your mobile data is turned ON in your device settings in order for this service to work properly. 

Please be advised that the following message types are NOT included in the plan and will be charged at applicable rates if used:

-Sent/received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions)

-Sent international texts/picture/video messages

-Sent/received text/picture/video/IM/email (as applicable) while roaming 

I'm also including some helpful links below for your reference:

How to send a picture or video from your Android phone

Rogers MMS Settings

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!! ☃️

RogersLaura

Is this still the case? Unlimited text, video and picture?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

cp7
I've been around

How do you top up $180 at once on the Rogers website?

The max amount on the drop down list is $100? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

barndoor

@cp7 wrote:

How do you top up $180 at once on the Rogers website?

The max amount on the drop down list is $100? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

One $100 and two $40's .  

Topic Stats