cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q10 v10.2.1 Delete Sync CONTACTS

JeCo
I'm here a lot

I want to delete the CONTACTS from my handheld that I routinely sync with a stand alone instance of MS OUTLOOK.  I don't want to wipe my handheld to do this. I am using the most recent versions of BB Q10OS and LINK.

Suggestions welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Q10 v10.2.1 Delete Sync CONTACTS

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello JeCo

Have you tried to stop Syncing it with the phone? If you turn that off it won't sync the contacts when you remove them.

JeCo
I'm here a lot

Worth the try.  There are several hundred CONTACT records. Is there a bulk-delete that you know of or do I need to delete them one at a time?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello JeCo

You should be able to do it. Swype left & see if there is a " Select all". Press that & it shall select all. If there is not that, then you have to do it one by one.

forsee
I've been around

I have over 100 contacts to delete.  

Will you or do you expect this option to be added soon?

Chris

Hello, @forsee

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

With over 100 contacts to delete, I can see how having a select all option would help speed up the process.

Regrettably, I do not believe Blackberry still supports the Blackberry 10 OS as they have moved on to using the Android OS so this functionality will remain the same.

I was a Blackberry user for a long time but a few years ago I made the switch to Android and have been quite satisfied. If you are considering a new device, feel free to ask the Community for their advice on what device you should get next!

RogersTony

I have some advice.

When you add an email address to your device weather it be a Blackbery Q10 or an Android or an iPhone, the email. contacts, and even calender entries are syncd to your device, but they also exist online on the email server for example, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, outlook.com,  if you sign in to your hotmail or what ever email you have via the web portal, you can view and delete your contacts in bulk and guess what, the changes will "sync" with your handset and its done instantly

why waste time trying to delete bulk contacts from your device when you can do them from your email portal, its faster and more efficient.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation