cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doro cell phone

danbi1
I've been here awhile

A few years ago I bought a Dora cell phone from Rogers ... it was aimed at seniors, had larger buttons, a brighter screen and slightly louder sound. Sadly Rogers no longer sells nor supports this fine cell phone ... any suggestons about any other phones available (anywhere) directed at seniors.

Thanks for reading.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Doro cell phone

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Bring your own device also means you are free to buy it from a retailer outside of the rogers network, so online, or third party store or flea market as long as its unlocked and compatible with rogers network it will work

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

danbi1
I've been here awhile

sorry, i shud have typed Doro, not Dora.

Greetings @danbi1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to ensure you have the device that meet your needs. Unfortunately, the Doro phones are no longer carried by Rogers. 

We do offer some basic phones, here's a list of devices currently available with Rogers.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
RogersRahul

danbi1
I've been here awhile

i need a phone specificaly aimed at seniors. if i buy one on-lline, could i still use it for my rogers account.

Hi @danbi1,

I understand your concern. I too have a similar phone for my parents as they do not feel comfortable with having a touchscreen device. You are more than welcome to bring your own device and connect it with us on your account. You can find out more details here just to ensure compatibility.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Bring your own device also means you are free to buy it from a retailer outside of the rogers network, so online, or third party store or flea market as long as its unlocked and compatible with rogers network it will work

me140
I've been around

I have a Doro PhoneEasy 612 that I bought at a Rogers store years ago. I recently tried to move it to another network and discovered that even though the phone can be unlocked (Rogers gave me the code) it still cannot be used on any other network because of the restrictive firmware. Rogers tech support advises that they cannot support the phone any more and can't do anything about upgrading the firmware. An email to Doro Canada just got a response saying that it was undeliverable. So, I have a perfectly serviceable phone that I like, but can't use on any other network and Rogers prepaid service has priced itself out of my market. If anyone knows of a cure for the firmware problem, I'd be very interested to hear it.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation