cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z 30 unlock

PMariai
I've been here awhile

I have problems with unlocking my rogers Blackberry Z30. I am a 20+ years loyal Rogers’ customer, and used at least 5 Blackberries consecutively in the past. The last one, the Z30 was retired in 2018. I wanted to unlock it to use for local calls when I travel overseas. Called Rogers and got an unlock code. Unfortunately, it did not work, despite my attempt using non-Rogers active SIM cards from my friends. Called again Rogers, and asked to verify the code as well provide any specific instructions to unlock the Z30. They asked me to provide screen shoots (which I did) showing the device is network locked when inserting the non-Rogers sim card after using the code. Instead of resolving the issue, Rogers closed down the ticket again. Called again, asking them the two questions as before. To my surprise, they told me the Z30 is regionally unlocked!!! and closed down the ticket again. Perhaps, this unlock is for Rogers network only, and I need a full unlock which was not provided by Rogers yet. Instead, they provided a Googled contact number to Blackberry to call and ask their help. I tried this number for 3 days in different time of the day, but no one answered the phone, it was just ringing, no human or automated response. I am now vey disappointed with Rogers. First it is now their responsibility to unlock the phone and not me to try to resolve this issue with their vendor, Blackberry. I need help. I am now down to the last 4 remaining try and want Rogers to resolve my issue.

Any help is most appreciated.

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Blackberry Z 30 unlock

RogersTony

Hello, @PMariai

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I was a rather big Blackberry fan for a very long time so I can appreciate you sticking it out with them for such a long time.

It's disappointing that no one seems to be able to help you get your device unlocked. We definitely want to take a closer look at this for you to see if we can get this resolved. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No worries, Click Here

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

PMariai
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately, there is no successful solution to unlock my Z30 was reeived. I had many suggestions from the support team via private messages, but non of them solved the problem. I think Rogers should take over and deal with the vendor Blackberry direct, instead of my contacting them. I tired, with no answer.

Hope Rogers will take care of it.

PMariai

Good morning @PMariai,

We understand your frustration with this matter, it's definitely a tough one.

We have responded to your Private Message providing instructions on how to escalate this matter further.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Hi PMariai, if rogers can not unlock it for you at this time i get it that its important to you, i used to own a blackberry back in the day, but it was an older model, I paid about $10 cdn at a local trustworthy shop to get it unlocked because rogers was not unlocking at the time and it was the best money i spent, $10 is not a lot to spend on an unlock, and you can even ask them nicely to credit you back who knows maybe rogers will say yes cus there is a known problem getting your phone unlocked and you can use that to re-imburse you appropriately for your inconvenience
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation