"The number you have called is not assigned"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: "The number you have called is not assigned"

Hi @LLane1990

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you tried doing a hard reboot on your device? Hard reboot is done by holding the home and power button at the same until the phone restarts.

@RogersPrasana

Lesa2281
I've Been Here Awhile

i cannot dial out on my samsung s6. when i call any number i get "the number uou have called is not assigned". version on my phone is 5.1.1. started having this problem since a day. can some help!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lesa2281

That means the number you are calling to is not assigned to anyone. Have you made sure that the number is assigned and correct?

Lesa2281
I've Been Here Awhile

every number i call i get that message so something is wrong with phone. i can text and use wifi or data but not call and get through any number

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lesa2281

Have you backed up the phone and performed a factory reset to see if that may fix the issue? Have you contacted Tech support to see maybe its something on the account that needs to be fixed?

Lesa2281
I've Been Here Awhile

no i havent back up phone yet. not able to contact tech. will try first suggestion.
thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lesa2281

If when you dial *611 on ur phone it does not work and gives u the same error, that means something is blocking it from outgoing calls. I would suggest calling from a family members line and see if they can reach tech if the first option does not work.

khungus
I Plan to Stick Around

Have you solved this?  I am in the same boat - can't make calls on my s6 to any number, including *611

SaraLatch2
I've Been Around

I am having the same issue and have a newborn so I am unable to go out and ask for another phone. Have you had a resolution? This is extremely inconvenient!

RogersMaude

Good evening @khungus & @SaraLatch2,

Thank you for your posts & Welcome to the Forums!

We can definitely understand how much of an inconvenience this can be.

This problem can often be solved by performing, as we call it, a "Resend to Switch".

This essentially means that we are sending the network signal, to your SIM card.

It, then, only requires a simple reboot on your end.

Our technical support team can assist you via Live Chat, if you cannot access another phone. 

Visit : http://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Sans titre.png

If you would like a member of our team to assist, we will have to gain access to your account.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you are back online. 

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post